“5 star Breakfast...and pork chops!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Description: Enter into our garden atmosphere to experience a taste of American soul inspired cuisine. The Magnolias theme is "Exploring American Soul Cuisine & Cooking from Around the World," through which we have created a comfortable and unique atmosphere as well as excellent food.Jazz, Rhythm & Blues, Country, or Cajun music is constantly floating through the dining room reminding you that we have taken a journey to the southern states of America. Come by and enjoy our Famous Sticky Wings, Sweet Potato Chips, or BBQ Ribs. Truly southern drinks as well; Lemonade, Iced Tea, & try our Mardi Gras Style Hurricane!Magnolias is a community focused restaurant and we would like everyone to feel welcome to our small corner of American culture. We are family friendly! Open from Mon- Fri 10am-2:30pm & Dinner 5:30pm- 10:30 PM. Weekends open from 10am-11pm.
“5 star Breakfast...and pork chops!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011 via mobile

I always visit Magnolias for brunch on Saturday to get the pork chops in carolina sauce and fruity waffles. No they don't come together but it sure suits my tAste buds. Its a new place so they are improving everytime I go back. Worth a visit!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

64% Recommend
“Awesome with a capitol A!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011 via mobile

Dining at Magnolias was such a pleasant experience! The ambiance of Magnolias makes you feel comfortable no matter your race, creed, nationality etc. I'm a lover of wings and was surprised that they got the Southern style of food down packed in Ghana, and the dessert is scrumptious! Once again, Magnolias makes you feel comfortable and
right at home. If you are ever in Ghana, I highly recommend Magnolias!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Open Space - Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

Im from D.C. and visited magnolias this weekend while ending my three month stay of volunteering. It was a really nice space, open air, and surprisingly I didnt get eaten up by mosquitoes that night. I had the sticky wings..really great! Almost like NYC's BBQs restaurant in times square but less honey beer taste. Anyway, try the burger...its the best Ive had in Accra after the one sold at Tantra after clubbing ; ). Service was average..well this is Accra..Ghanaians are below average with service.

Visited April 2011
Newark, New Jersey
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

I just love the idea of this restaurant! Southern Cuisine in Africa! There are so many sauces to choose from too! One, (i forget the name) has the traditional BBQ flavor with a hint of that African spice. TO DIE FOR! And the owner let me try one of their new cocktails for free! Very friendly, good eats, great music, and cultural decor. (It has an outside/inside feel) I'd recommend anyone in Accra make sure to stop by.

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Plainfield, New Jersey
“Delectable Delights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

I had the pleasure of enjoying both brunch and dinner at Magnolias during my 3 week vacation in Accra, Ghana. Magnolias is a beautiful establishment both aesthetics and food wise. The servers were prompt and respectful unlike many other restaurants. I visited. The food was remarkable!!!! Their deserts are to die for!!! I was so surprised to find very decent Southern food in Africa. The restaurant has a very "homey" feel to it, you feel like your dining in a close friends restaurant. Visting Magnolias is a MUST while in Accra!!

Visited January 2011