“Would recommend for anyone traveling to Ghana on business or pleasure” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Midindi Hotel

Save Saved
You added Midindi Hotel to your Saves list
Midindi Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 First Circular Rd. | East Cantonments, Accra 00000, Ghana   |
Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #25 of 89 hotels in Accra
Suffolk, VA
“Would recommend for anyone traveling to Ghana on business or pleasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

The Midindi Hotel was an outstanding facility with the most friendliest staff to accommodate all of your needs. Our company was hosting a trade visit and had last minute problems with another hotel. We called the Midindi at recommendation of a business colleague in NYC. The ENTIRE staff from Francis Grant (owner), to Thomas (Head Accountant/General Mgr), Sammi (Executive Chef) and everyone else met the needs of our 13 person group at the last minute. Rooms were comfortable, food was OUTSTANDING! Even had our own personalized luncheon for 2 days arranged by Chef Sammi. Meeting rooms great for events up to 50 people. For the cost you can't go wrong with this hotel. Oh, must mention the security staff and driver, Francis! They all made our group feel safe and took us where we need to go. I really felt as those I had arrived "home" on my first trip to Ghana.

Room Tip: Close to the airport, U.S. Embassy and Accra-Tema Motorway; Might be good idea to take own bath clot...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Centurion, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Maybe I have high expectations from my hotels, I am not too sure. We stayed at this hotel because the other hotel we were staying at was way too far away from where we wanted to be.

The Outside of the Hotel looks great, however for me, when I went inside it changed. The Rooms are large, in fact that would be an understatement, the Rooms are Huge, I had my own large walk in closet, with a Bathroom that could have easily had 4 baths in it with only a little squeeze, but the rooms could do with a little makeover, they are pretty old.

Breakfast was not great, in fact when we got to breakfast, the "Buffet" had only dregs of food left, and while we were the for 30 minutes, I did not see anyone filling up the platters, and there were probably only 6 or so people having breakfast.
We were going to have dinner, but there was no-one, and i do mean no-one in the restaurant when we were there so while i cannot say how good it was, it did not look too appetizing.
When I asked the lady behind the counter about restaurants close by, she did not seem to know anything.

All in all, I am glad I was only there for a single night, I don't think I would have enjoyed staying another night.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Muskegon, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

I was at the Midindi in January 2011 and went back in November. I just love this place. The environment, food, people and rooms are the best for the price.
Since the last time I was there, they have added a Full Buffett for Breakfast which is included with the meal.
The High Speed internet was at about 5meg download, which allowed me the bandwidth to skype my wife back in the USA.
I have a multiple entry visa and will be staying here everytime I go to Ghana.

Room Tip: Ask for the suites, it includes a whirlpool tub.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Hello,

After the pathetic experience from Hotel Highgate from my last visit to Ghana, I tried Hotel Midindi.
I was all alone this time during my visit. But the hotel owner Franscis send hotel cab to pick me up at airport. Top to it, they offered very decent discount on the prices on room rates. The hotel staff were amazingly courteous, and very decent and well mannered.
The food was very well served.

Rooms were very neat and clean. Very cool, pleasant place to stay. I stayed for 4 days, and my experience was really awesome and truly value for money.

I will strongly recommend Hotel Midindi, if you are looking a hotel budgeted around 150 usd inclusive of breakfast, and pick up and drop to Airport from Hotel.

Room Tip: Reach the hotel, and tell your preference, the hotel staff are really well cultured. They will infor...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Bridgetown, Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

My plane was late and I was picked up the hotel transportation. Checking in was seemless. Francis Grant the owner does everything to ensure your stay is enjoyable while the staff is very friendly. Even found myself liming with them while having some jokes.
Asaa,the short guy name who would always enquire about my welfare and was always willing to help.

Do have the Red Red and White Rice. The only concern is that Ghanaians use too much palm oil in food, so a person who is health conscious like me will have to make a special request on the the amount of oil used in your meal. Priscilla, Augustina, Asaa, Juliana are some of the staff I remembered. Good willing I will be back in February 2012.

Location is excellent!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for 5 nights in July on business from Europe. I have stayed at a few hotels in western africa in recent months and i must say Midindi is one of the better ones.
Pros - Good location, close to the airport in an affluent residential area, secure, clean rooms, courteous staff and very good WIFi (important for me on business).

Cons- Air Condition in my room was a bit too noisy and driver did not arrive to on time to pick me up at the airport, but was not a problem, as i had someone else waiting to pick me up too.

I will certainly go back again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Nassau, New Providence Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We had booked another hotel online by the great pictures and pleasant staff responses as well as all of the great reviews. We got there and nearly passed out it was Pretty BAD!

We called the Midindi Hotel, not only did they take us in for the 8 days, the space was clean, well maintained. The staff, especially, Augustina, Helena, Donald and Eric were fantastic. The area is very nice near the US Embassy and easy to get to most places we visited. We ate in the restaurant farily often and enjoyed it. Great stay

Room Tip: spacious and clean
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Midindi Hotel? Share your experiences!