“We loved it” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 89 Hotels in Accra
London, United Kingdom
“We loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

I lodged 4 five days at ANGE HILL with my hubby & son on a family vacation and i loved every bit of it.
We took an executive suite and it was a beaut. There's a cable Tv, a hair dryer in the bathroom, a split unit chiller, cold & warm water from the taps i mean the room was all nice & neat.
The workers are nice too very hospitable.
i have a little hitch though - the food, you wait for hours on end to eat your request except 4 this every other thing is spic and span.
Did i mention the pool side and the tour guide if you needed to see Ghana? ooooh you just have to check it out.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Northern California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

I waited several weeks to write this review in the hope that my negative feelings about this hotel would abate. They did not. #1, I realize that we are talking about a non-international standard African hotel here, so my comments should be read accordingly. *** Rooms. If you read no further in this review and are considering this hotel, please note this: the suitability of the rooms depends on where in the hotel the room is (I and several friends stayed there twice and also had a day room on our way out of Ghana, so I both saw and heard about a lot of the rooms, in addition to my own experience. The acceptable rooms are upstairs at the front of the hotel. (I can tell from the first reviewer's photos that he or she had such a room.) Those are room numbers 201-208. The downstairs rooms, such as 109, are just barely tolerable to intolerable. Some of the downstairs rooms are below the level of the entrance. They reek of mold/mildew. They are also very dark and dimly lit. The bathrooms do have mildew. Whether upstairs or down, the beds are made up with sheets, with the bedspread serving as the blanket -- hygiene concerns with that. ** Service. I agree that the service is friendly as long as you have no problem. If you have a problem with your room, it is poor. ** Laundry -- Excellent. ** Business center. Not air conditioned, and the computers are very poor. Use the business center as early as possible. The speed of the internet degrades from morning to evening. The hotel does have wifi, which is spotty (again, morning is better than afternoon or evening). ** Restaurant/bar. I have no complaints about the food. It was pretty good. No one in my party had a bad meal or got sick. Try the "Angehill special" -- very good. Service is slow by Western standards, but that is not unique to this hotel/restaurant.

My experience with room 109 -- overwhelming mold smell (if I were very allergic to mold, I would not have been able to remain in the room). I had to open the window -- which is on the parking lot. That alarmed the staff about mosquitos, and they wanted to spray the room, although there was a complete screen on the window. No spray, and no mosquitos. When I asked for a reading light near the bed, the staff unplugged the lamp (vintage Salvation Army circa 1975) and moved it to the table beside the bed. The problem was that the cord was about a meter too short to reach the nearest plug. An hour later, when I finally got an "extension cord," it did not work. I gave up and used my short power strip (see photo). ** Location. It is true that this hotel is close to the airport, but that means that it is not close to other things in Accra, and the traffic in Accra is as bad as advertised. the hotel will pick up guests at the airport and transport them there -- and use very comfortable vans to do so. The owners of the hotel are locals. They need to do something about the quality of their rooms.

Room Tip: See my review.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
, マネージャー at Ange Hill Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
We have received all complains in good faith about servicies, facilities and standard relating.
We do not dispute about your complains,since the quest is always right.
We further appreciate these comments.
Management will however be grateful to emphasis on the following as underlined by you:
①Restaurant - Credible food quality
②Excellent laundry service
③Wi-Fi service-not constant

In our analysis we realised your opinion on room status couldn't meet your taste.
We however promise you of a very good room, should you find yourself in ghana in the near future.
We appreciate your complaints.

Thank you.
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

I was really tired after a long flight from JFK to Kotoka Int'l Airport. Even though i was excited to see the city of Accra, I still wanted a decent place to stay. I asked a local cab driver a good place to stay, he recommended AngeHill Hotel. I didn't really think much of it, but i have to say,i was really impressed with the rooms and not only that the prices were really reasonable (cheap). The workers really made me feel at home (like a king).
The place was clean (spotless). Free breakfast....am doing this next year.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
, マネージャー at Ange Hill Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
We wish to say a very big thank you for your credible praises on our facility.
We really appreciate your good comments and we promise to keep it up.
We will however be grateful to see you again at AngeHill Hotel.

Thank you.
Fairfax, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

When I first started thinking about what I wanted in a hotel in Accra, I thought the only two things that I needed were airconditioning and a clean bathroom. The Ange Hill provided both of these things and more. While breakfast is fairly sparse, I do recommend having a Star Beer poolside in the afternoon.

The Ange Hill is located in a fairly safe part of Accra. I am an American woman who was traveling with two female colleagues. We always felt safe and the hotel was extremely clean. If you are looking for a more luxurious stay, try the Golden Tulip, the Holiday Inn, or the Novotel. If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel with good accommodations and attentive staff, the Ange Hill is for you.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
AngeHill, マネージャー at Ange Hill Hotel, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
We appreciate your recommendations about our services, reasonable hotel rates and clean environment.
We hope to maintain a very good relate with our clients.
We value complaints and comments.
Thank you very much.

Been to Ange Hill Hotel? Share your experiences!