“Good business hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 White Avenue | Airport Residential Area, Accra 0000000, Ghana   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Internet Special
Ranked #14 of 91 Hotels in Accra
Lisbon, Portugal
“Good business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The hotel has a good location near the airport. Clean rooms and friendly staff. Good internet connection but unfortunately a difficult procedure with long access codes that last for 4 hours only. If you stay a long time this is not ideal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BestWesternPremier, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you Magnus for your comment. Please note that you can request more than one voucher at a time from the front desk for uninterrupted service.

We hope to see you soon at the BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel.

BEST WESTERN PREMIER, Accra Airport Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Beirut, Lebanon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

It was my first experience in Best Western ever.
The hotel is Good, well located, and Clean.
As soon as you come in the Loby is fair and the staff are OK.
when i arrived, i had my booking confirmed, but the receptionist had to let me wait for 2 hours until they get payment confirmation from their agent, something that I understand but did not like.
The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable, air conditioning was not working all the time, at times it is good other times it was just air ventilation.
Thr fridge was not working, internet was fast but the fact that every four hours you have to renew your code is very annoying.
House keeping was not apreciated, one day i had no towels, another day i had no shampoo, third day i had no floor towel, so this was a little frustrating.
Breakfast varity was too limited.
Bartender at the bar in the Lobby area has no clue what being a bar man is!! the least is to smile, unlike the other team from Zara restaurent in the Hotel.
Airport shuttle was accurate and professional.
In Genral the stay was fair, though i will not go there another time for the time being.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
BestWesternPremier, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We will make sure that our housekeeping department receives a copy of your comment and immediate action is taken.

Pasadena, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Not the nicest hotel but nice enough. The staff is very friendly, VERY, and the restaurant has plenty of tasty options when you don't feel like running into town to grab a bite. Very centrally locate din Accra with easy access to and from the airport. As a business traveler the price was fine but it would be too expensive for me if I were travelling on vacation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Accra.

Galicia, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

The hotel is not bad, staff very friendly. Shuttle to and from the airport worked ok. At my arrival, I was given a room that was occupied, I´m glad the bell boy opened it for me to find people inside. Quite embarrashing...
At check out, in the very last minute when my check out was already done 15 minutes before without a problem, and when i was about to get into the shuttle to the airport I was told that my pre-paid reservation was cancelled.(Not sure wether it was the hotel´s fault) I phoned my travel agent back in Spain and he told me that everything was OK. They were trying to reach the hotel by phone for a long time to make it clear, impossible, lost 20 minutes, at the end I had to pay for my room (That was already paid) thanks it is my regular travel agent, otherwise I would probably lost my money, and I missed the shuttle and was late to my meeting at the airport..
Room was big and confortable, bathroom not to the standards of a 200 $ hotel.
Overall not worth the money.

Cheers

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
BestWesternPremier, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Buenos Dias,

This is an unfortunate mix-up between the travel agent and the hotel which was eventually sorted out. Please accept our apology for the inconvenience and we hope to see you on your next visit to Accra.

Saludos!!

Coatbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Really good all round hotel, comfortable and clean rooms, really nice pool and decent fitness facilities. Really good staff that provide excellent friendly service, the food is really something, with good variety of dishes from the menu or you can choose from the buffet, either way you wont go away hungry! The Chef is very accommodating in making sure that guests are satisfied with the food and the service provided.
Overall I have stayed at this hotel many times during stays in Accra, and am looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
BestWesternPremier, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you Dan for your comments, we will forward them to the Chef. We would also like to remind you about our themed nights. Every Monday we have African cooking, Wednesday is Mongolian night and Friday is Mediterranean with live BBQ. All of our themed nights have live performances.

We hope you join us on your next trip.

Accra, Ghana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Responsive and flexiable to last minute changes. Can do atttitude from the Management and very friendly staff. The accommodation is of a good standard and the food was very good. I would quite happily stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BestWesternPremier, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you Richard for your comment, customer service is our top priority and we look forward to having you amongst us in the near future.

Thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel !

aberdeen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This hotel is in general reasonably laid out and has acceptable public bar, dining room and other public facilities. Only one minor gripe here is that the website i looked at beforehand made no reference to the fitness facilities which were on site. Fitness looked to be a reasonable size with a couple of running machines, weights and mats for floor work.....pity I did not pack my joggers!

Before I go onto room review and a few (really quite minor gripes) it is important to say that the hotel staff were overall very helpful, welcoming, friendly and attentive. Lets face it the people that work in the hotel and their attitude to guests counts for a great deal in making or breaking a stay.

My room on the 3rd floor was a good size - larger than i expected with a good sized wardrobe (not enough hangers), good TV with few channels, good in room wi-fi and comfortable bed.

Now for the "wrinkles".....
The shower was one of these hand held hose over the bath arrangements with unmarked taps. Water temperature was very very hot, hot or cold.....I cracked the temperature puzzle after a few minutes experiment but could just never get used to this shower which could not be fixed onto the wall.
Next wrinkle.....getting a well lit mirror to shave in. Now it might be my eyesight - it probably is mostly to blame - but I would like to have in every 5 star hotel a really well illuminated mirror for shaving. In Best Western the shaving mirror was not in a well lit corner of the bathroom. No disaster but just a little annoying that such a simple design feature has been overlooked.

Final but quite important aspect of the room.....the "desk".....Note to all hotel interior designers.....can we have no glass topped desks ..... optical mice hate them and they slide all over the place.....can we have square, not oval or round desks....we work mostly with paper that has straight edges.....can we have height adjustable chairs and finally can we have larger work areas.....usually we end up there for a few hours each stay.
In this case the desk was OK, the lighting at the desk was good but a larger better desk is always welcome.

I'd stay here again happily but next time pack my trainersand I'd be less critical of the very few minor issues with room design / layout that I noticed first time around.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BestWesternPremier, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your detailed comments. We have noted them and would take them into consideration when we renovate our room furniture which is done on a regular basis.

We hope to see you back at the BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel.

BEST WESTERN PREMIER, Accra Airport Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!