“My 11 days in prison for staying in best western.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 White Avenue | Airport Residential Area, Accra 0000000, Ghana   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Internet Special
Ranked #14 of 89 Hotels in Accra
London, United Kingdom
“My 11 days in prison for staying in best western.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

Please avoid this hotel by all cost. I normally read review sites but never expected my self to be writing this. I checked into best western hotel accra on the 19th and went swimming in the evening after a long trip. No one stopped me . After a nice day in accra Ghana, I went back to the hotel and decided to go swimming again in the evening. I wasnt stopped and while I was sI checked in into the best western hotel in accra in the 19th for the weekend. I went swimming in the pool on the 20th and was arrested for 11days for swimming in the pool. I had no help because I am not ghanian. I was arreasted in my swimming trunks and bath robe. Nobody from the hotel came to check on me. I was handcuffed and checked for all sorts of things, My life has been in shambles, I have lost my job. I was taken to the Bureau of National Intelligence, the police headquaters and the Asawm prison. The hotel is filled up with power drunken men that feel that own the world . Avoid this place at all cost. I came back to the United Kingdom late. I am speaking to my lawyer and Citizens Advice Bureau to sue this company for damages and failure to provide hospitality affairs. The hotel in accra has been blacklisted by most embassies. I will upload this on all review sites and also get the bbc ,sky, al jazeera news involved. This is a breach of human right. Its a disgrace to such a good hotel. I am still suffering from my terrible experience. I am sueing this hotel.

Room Tip: This is a terrible hotel please avoid it.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
BestWesternPremier, Best Western International at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Dear Ama,

Thank you for your review.
We know that you went through a bad experience in the police cells.
There is some insincerity in your review.
You wanted to swim in the swimming pool at 21hours and you were duly informed by both our security personnel as well as duty manager. You arrogantly ignored their pleas to avoid swimming at that time since the pool closes at 1800 hours. It is not in order for you to say that no one stopped you.
You arrogantly abused our manager on duty and dived into the pool and the hotel staff left you to go ahead and swim since they could not get you out of the water by force. They thought you were a gentleman who could be talked to and understand.
You also wanted to swim with your friends who were not resident in the hotel and we informed you this was not possible.
During your meeting with your friends you were uttered dangerous words and apparently one of the patrons called in the police without informing the hotel.
I want to put it on record that the hotel did not play any role in your arrest. So your arrest had nothing to do with the swimming but originated from the nature of your discussions.
We are a reputable hotel and handle all sorts of situations but in this case it became a state matter and the hotel could not get involved. The hotel took care of your property until you were able to pick them up.
Many embassies including yours use and appreciate our facilities and services. It is futile to allege that we have been blacklisted by many embassies.
If you conducted yourself in a gentle manner you could not have fallen into any trouble. You brought it all on yourself. Please be honest in your review.

Thank you.

Best Western Premier
Accra Airport Hotel.
Ghana

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

comparing with a lot off other hotels in Accra, this one definitely gives best value for money.
Its new, fresh, clean, beautifully designed and decorated, comfortable beds and light-tight curtains !! all great, just the pool could look a bit nicer...

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
BestWesternPremier, Best Western International at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Dear Jos,

Thank you very much for the compliments.
We surely give value for money and strive to improve our services daily.
The pool was undergoing some work and is in top condition currently.
I am sure you will enjoy a swim next time you come around.

Deputy General Manager
Best Western Premier, Accra Airport Hotel.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Stayed at the hotel from 29th Aug to 17 Sept,2011. Rooms are spacious and clean, the wired internet is lightning fast and the staff are courteous and helpful. The food is good thought it gets a bit monotonous if you are staying for long. The locality is very quiet and safe.The best part is the 100% No Smoking policy in the hotel. Being a smoker myself, I finally realized how clean your room is, if you do not smoke in it!
On the flip side, everything is quite expensive inside the hotel and the gift shop.
The pool is clean and maintained well and worth having a look at.
Will try and stay again on my next trip to Accra.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
BestWesternPremier, Best Western International at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Dear Ashish,

Thank you very much for the compliments.
We appreciate your input about our food.
We are soon opening up new outlets
in the hotel that will offer a more varied offer
of delicacies.

Thank you.

Best Western Premier
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011 via mobile

Due to unexpected change in travel plans, my company travel agent booked us into the Best Western for 1 night. Hotel is convenient for the airport, maybe a little out of the way for the areas nearer to the coast. However, the hotel is very comfortable with great rooms and friendly service. Good restaurant, nice pool area and free shuttle to the airport.

• Stayed September 2011
BestWesternPremier, Best Western International at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Thank you very much for the feedback.

Kind regards,

Best Western Premier, Accra Airport Hotel
Nairobi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

there is a bus to the hotel every 1 hour. the hotel is not so far off from the airport, despite the bad Accra traffic.

Room Tip: you may have to get a booking early enough
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
BestWesternPremier, Best Western International at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Thank you very much for your comment.

new delhi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in Aug. Its a quiet n laid back sort of a place, Location is excellent , near to airport and a real xclusive area of the city. Service was average as was the pool. The gym was hardly opean and I had to ask the receptionist to get the gym keys twice. My initial room wasnt upto the mark becoasue of a blocked view from the window and I had to request them several times before they changed my room. Used to go for long walks around the hotel and that was really enjoyable.Breakfast was delicious n sumptuous.Overall it ddint look like value for money but then i was told Accra hotels n general are expensive

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your comment.

We have noted your concerns and are working on improving our entertainment and recreation facilities which include the swimming pool and the gymnasium. We have also embarked on improving the hotel services at all levels to meet the ever changing demands of our international and local guests.

Kind regards,

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I stayed here after my flight from Accra was unexpectedly delayed. The hotel is typical Best Western. Rooms were comfortable, with a flat screen television, desk, bed with duvet, and a very wide range of bathroom amenities. A free airport shuttle service is provided. When requesting the internet voucher I got a password that was valid for an hour - this was fine for me, as I arrived at 10pm at night and left at 5am the next morning - but if you have to pay for subsequent use that would be a bit much in a business hotel where the rack rate is $250 per night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
BestWesternPremier, Best Western International at BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Thank you very much for the comment you made about your experience at our hotel.
As a business hotel we facilitate our guests with internet connection in a variety of ways. We provide free one hour wireless connections upon arrival, free LAN connectivity in the room throughout your stay and free use of the internet in our business center for in-house guests.

Best Western Premier Accra Airport Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN PREMIER Accra Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!