“A home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Accra
Prices are for rooms, adults
Ranked #37 of 150 Accra B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“A home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have stayed at Elmeiz several times during my trips to Accra. I think this hotel is probably the best hotel in its category. The members of staff were very helpful and respectful. The service is so personal that I felt so much at home. Dominic, Nana, Adjoa and all the other girls were just too willing to help as much as possible. The proprietor is also one of the nicest and down to earth people I have ever met. I will recommend this hotel to people going to Accra for leisure or business. It is a good value for money.

Room Tip: I will advise tourists to explore the Dansoman area bars and pubs.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

As a first timer to Ghana, we appreciated the pickup arrangements from the airport!!!
What attracted us to the elmeiz was that it was a small family run guest house and that they used solar power !!!
The guest house is situated around 30 minutes from the airport away from the typical tourist spots
Great service received from all the staff, in particular the reception staff. The room was big and airy - great choice of air conditioning or ceiling fans.
The only downside is that breakfasts are basic and the bathroom could do with a new makeover.
Apart from that it is good value for money!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

Yes I did as a matter of fact . A Ghanaian living in London I frequently visit home and stay in the centre of Accra before eventually travelling to the western region where I originate from. This time after a bit of research I decided to stay at the Elmeiz primarily because it is equiped with Solar Energy. ( with the constant power cuts in mind of course.) I was pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the place, the friendliness of staff and their willingness to please. My flight was heavily delayed and I started to worry whether the driver from the hotel would be there to pick me up. Yes I was wrong. I had a pleasant journey with him to Dansoman. Surely there has to something to critisise . 1. Away from the centre! You can reduce transport cost by agreeing taxi fares beforee you board. There is no harm in taking alternative transport which is relatively cheaper! 2. provision of softer towels would be lovely.3. Coffee and tea making facilities in rooms an extra attraction! Overall the price of $45 per night was worth it and I will recommend.it. Hopefully the few constructive suggestions for improvement above will be taken on board.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Port Harcourt, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

Begining with the Airport shuttle arrangement, our expectations of having a suitable place to rest and bond with our young children started actualising. At Elmeiz place we found a quiet and neat atmosphere spiced with the friendliness of the staff. the rooms are large and clean. The rates are very competitive when compared with similar facilities.

The location is good for those seeking a quiet environment to rest and possibly work and enjoy the typical ghannian hospitality. We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

I stayed at ELMEIZ for two weeks while in Accra and had a great time and especially found the staff so welcoming and friendly. We were picked up at the airport which if you've been to Accra, its a pretty crazy airport and it was good to have someone meet you there.
The place its self is great. Its new, clean and truely Ghanian in feel and culture. The host helped us with the rest of our time there and were very friendly. I still stay in touch with some of the staff there.
After travelling around the rest of Ghana, it was nice to get back to ELMEIZ as it was definitely one of the better places to stay in Accra. If anyone is thinking of heading to Ghana I highly recommend the country for sun, surf, wild life and the amazing culture. I'd also recommend ELMEIZ for its comfort, safety and staff.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Ottawa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

I go to Ghana quite often, the last two times I have been to Ghana (May-June 2008 and May-June 2010) I have stayed at ELmeiz for at least 6 days, and I have rented a room as an office for approximately 20 days.

I can say without equivocation that my experience at Elmeiz have been excellent. The staff, led by Victor, are wonderful, they always have a smile on their faces and the place is always clean.

What is more, the staff of thisguest house have security on their minds as all cars entering the premises have to be screened before they are allow to enter.

The property is also lit via sun energy and therefore it does not expderience light outs.

I will recommend this guest house to any of my business partners all over the world.

Thanks and keep up your hard work.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Toronto, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

I, too, have recently stayed at Elmeiz Place and my experience in regard to cleanliness could not have been more different than the earlier posting. I, too, enjoyed the hospitality and friendliness extended to me by both Dominic and Victor However, I found this guesthouse to be absolutely spotless. I even thought to myself several times that the owners must take a lot of pride in their business, because they keep it so clean, all of the time. The property was quite busy while I was there, and they never let anything lapse. As a business traveller, having access to reliable electricity, high speed internet, a clean and comfortable room and an immaculate bathroom is very much appreciated, and I have experienced quite the opposite staying at large, brand name hotels worldwide. Elmeiz Place is a gem and I wouldn't hesitate to go back there if ever I have return to Accra.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Elmeiz Place Guest House? Share your experiences!