“Horrible place, don't waste your money.” 1 of 5 stars

SunSplash Hotel
19th Computer Lane New Achimota | Mile-7, Accra, Ghana   |
Ranked #57 of 157 Accra B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Horrible place, don't waste your money.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

i booked sunsplash hotel in accra after I read great reviews on line, only to have the shock of my life.
They agreed to pick me at the airport which they didn't happen. Their telephone was not working which they blamed on roadworks. They showed a picture of palm trees which has nothing to do with the hotel. Deceptive marketing. they claimed hotel was 10 mins from airport, it ia actually over 30mins on dusty road. The hotel is very dirty, from the outside, and the inside is even worse. no flowing water, it comes in drips.. Hotwater-forget it. You will be lucky to have your bath. the white bedsheets have become brown through dirt. when I asked that the bedsheet be changed , They asked whether i have my own bedsheet?. I asked for hotwater as i did not want to even request breakfast in such a dirty place. after 40mins of waiting they came with a broken pot of warm water. one lodger asked for breakfast, they run to buy some food from the road side. This is the worst I have seen. I think the authorities have to quickly close the place down. The room are full of mosquitoes.
They use 'prepaid electricity' which often goes off. the generator is never on.My God what a horrible experience. I am not sure how I survived the night.I later on moved to Capital court hotel at tesano which was cheaper and with better service. Accra is a beautiful, just don't lodge at sunsplash. .

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I spent five wonderful nights in this hotel and I can honestly say it's a peaceful place to be.At the airport I realised that I had left my Notebook,usb cable and digital camera in my hotel room so I called the reception.They immediately sent the items to me here in UK by DHL at the hotel's expense.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Accra, Ghana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

when i came to ghana sun splash hotel's manager was already at the airport waiting for with the company's car and drive me safely to the hotel premises which looks like paradise.
They have a nice reception and modern facilities and internet service in each with dstv aswel

Room Tip: the last room on your left hand side
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I always stay in this hotel whenever I'm in Accra and it has always been brilliant. The courtesy of the staff, the tidiness and tranquillity of the hotel impressed me most.The beds are very comfy.I would recommend this hotel to any one visiting Accra.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Hamburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

My Second visit to this hotel. I really like it, the Service I was given was super.
It's very peaceful there and you can relax very well.
Breakfast has always tasted good and the service was also very polite.
The evenings were also very quiet without any noise.
I highly recommend this Hotel to everyone traveling to Ghana
Pokaje

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011 via mobile

Whatever this hotel might have been; I never got to experience it. I had made a reservation and arranged for a taxi from the hotel to pick me up. I called before leaving. On arrival, I called again only to be told that there was a mix up and I wasn't being expected!!!!

Still willing to give them a chance, I requested for another taxi which I was informed would get to the airport in 30mins. I called again 30 minis later and was told; there was traffic. After another 30 minutes, I was told they would contact the driver and get back to me. They didn't. I called 30 minutes later and no one would pick my call. It was a really frustrating experience. I had to talk to the airport taxi drivers; they didn't know where the hotel was. So I ended up being taken to another hotel.

I doubt if I would ever stay @ the hotel after this experience.

• Stayed December 2010
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

It was my second time at this hotel and the staff gave me a warm reception.They were really nice.My room was tidy and the air-condition was perfect. The manager arranged with a nice taxi driver for me to the airport .i will stay there again on my next visit.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo

Been to SunSplash Hotel? Share your experiences!