“best” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 91 Hotels in Accra
Orlando, Florida
“best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

I recommended the African regent hotel is so nice d employees r very friendly n d restaurant d best food ever, fresh ,healthy restaurant very clean n waitress so nice people is d best food I eat on ghana

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
AfricanRegentHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The African Regent Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Alice N,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Accra. We are happy to know that you enjoyed staying at our hotel and would recommend our property to other travelers.

We hope to see you again should travel bring you back to the shores of Ghana.

Best Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Johannesburg, South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I'm reading the reviews and wondering whether I sayed at the same hotel as the over reviewers? I've stayed here ten times out of necessity and it's aweful. The rooms are poky at best, the bar service is slow, check-in is a nightmare. I have had to wait for an hour or two on a number occasions to allow the airline crew to vacate their rooms and then found no towels or water bottles when I got to my room. Breakfasts aren't great either it it takes 15 minutes to get a cup of coffee from the waiters. It might be one of the cheaper options in Accra but when you stay here you will know why.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
AfricanRegentHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The African Regent Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear T-Africa2000,
Thank you for taking time to share your review on our property.We appreciate your feedback as we can only better our services from guest comments.

We apologise for not giving you the 4 star services our guests are used to during their stay with us. We would like to investigate what went wrong during your stay,please send a detailed email of your stay to info@african-regent-hotel.com

Thank you once again and we look forward to making things right.

Accra, Ghana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

nice hotel with beautiful lobby, good restaurant and well-trained staff.
absolutely no problems with checking in and out.
the room on the other hand was rather small, and the airco a bit too noisy for a hotel with this standard.
room service took always very long (except for a simple club sandwich)
my biggest concern was the strict non-smoking policy.
i have absolutely not any problem with non smoking inside the lobby, rooms and restaurant, but it's the first time ever I stayed in a hotel with a non-smoking poolside.
smoking was only allowed in a narrow corridor close to the entrance.
because of this I will not come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Bramme,
Thank you for staying at The African Regent during your recent visit to Accra. We are glad to hear you liked our lobby, staff, restaurant check in and checkout process.

We're sorry that you found our strict non-smoking policy an inconvenience. This policy is in compliance with the tourism laws of Ghana and failure to do so will attract fines to the hotel.

We hope you give us another try on your next visit to Accra.

Best Regards.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Great food. Scottish salmon. Helpful staff. Beautiful decor. Only drawback was we were only there for 3 days. We definitely will go back. I found the place to be clean, well decorated and well maintained. The staff were always polite and helpful. The buffet had a good selection and the food very flavoursome. It was well situated in Accra and meant it was easy for us to go to our meetings . In the evening one could sit in the foyer and enjoy pleasant live music. Great place to work and relax. The hotel generally appears to attract a discerning crowd those staying in the hotel and those visiting the restaurant for dinner all appeared to be of the same elk and this made it very easy to make acquaintances , have general debates and gain insightful knowledge has to what Accra really is like , and what shape the economy is in. Not all discussions were serious though, as music and art were also popular topics . Relieved to say that football was never part of any debate I was involved in . The atmosphere at the African Regent is very welcoming.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
AfricanRegentHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The African Regent Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Rosie I,
Thank you for choosing to stay at The African Regent during your recent trip to Accra. As an independently run boutique hotel we strive to leave a lasting first impression on our guests. We are thrilled to know that was achieved and you enjoyed staying with us.

We can’t wait to welcome you back on your next trip to Accra.

Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

This hotel is quite nice and the staff are very friendly and are always interested to help. I had two different rooms at this hotel and both were clean, with comfortable beds and ample air conditioning. The breakfast buffet is especially good and there is a nice bar area in the lobby with great ambiance.

You can also easily walk to Accra Mall and it is safe to do so (you just have to cross 2 busy roads).

My only two complaints are that I found there to be limited hot water in my shower and the room service is terribly slow.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
AfricanRegentHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The African Regent Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear LaurenAsh1,
Thank you for choosing to stay at The African Regent Hotel during your recent visit to Accra. We are delighted to know our rooms were extremely comfortable and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We have noted your feedback about the hot water and room service and will take measures to improve upon them.

We would love to have you back again should travel bring you to Accra.

Kind Regards
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

I recently had a 2 night stay here. The hotel is full of character and all the staff exceptionally friendly and eager to please.
What would have made it better for me is if the pool area had some shade ie umbrellas or an arbour. I wanted to get out of the glare of the sun and read a book, but the area is really only geared up for those who want to sunbathe and all in all is a bit on the bleak side.
The other thing is I didn't know there was a spa until I read reviews on trip advisor! I would have definitely taken advantage of this had I known it was there so perhaps you could inform customers of the facilities at check in or better still update your information packs in the room? They are a little shabby and it would be good if you had a booklet with spa info and prices along with restaurant,room service, gym info etc in each bedroom.
I'm sure if you are in a position to take on board this feedback it would benefit you too in terms of generating more revenue, but all in all you have a hotel that's going in the right direction in terms of how you treat customers and actively encourage feedback. I look forward to my next stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
AfricanRegentHotel, Guest Relations Manager at The African Regent Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Jane T,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of your experience at The African Regent Hotel. We appreciate guest feedback, as it helps us improve the guest experience. While we are happy to hear your stay was pleasant, we are sorry to have not provided you information about the spa and to learn that our pool area was not conducive enough for you. Your comments about our spa and poolside have however been noted.
Providing unparalleled service is our utmost priority and we look forward to having you back soon.

Eldoret, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

. I had an event at the African Regent Hotel, Accra and resided in the hotel between 11th and 20th January 2014. On my first business day, I injured my foot badly. Not familiar with Accra, I chose to ask at the reception if I could get some first aid while I waited to seek medical attention later. To my surprise, one of the young ladies at the counter responded immediately by bringing out the hotel’s first aid kit. She cleaned my wound and lovingly bandaged it. I can still hear her voice as she worked on my foot: “Oh, sorry. It must be painful. But let’s clean it and put this medicine so that it gets well.” Ernestina (I read her name on her badge) was not afraid to clean up my dirty foot that was now full of blood! It would seem that my health and safety was of utmost concern to her. She did not stop at that; she would look me up the following day and a later day to change my bandage and apply new medicine to my wound. Ernestina genuinely seemed concerned about my welfare. For this I felt that she deserved to be honored as the staff of the year 2014 and I said as much!
When I got back to my home country, Kenya, I got a message from the hotel checking on my foot and thanking me for staying at the African Regent Hotel. The message was signed by the Senior Guest Relations Officer at the hotel, Ernestina N. Adjartey. So senior in position, yet so ready to serve! I travel a lot around the world (I am writing this message in a hotel in New York only a week after Accra) and this event is one of the best experiences that I have had in a hotel away from home. It made me feel so welcome. All services at the hotel were excellent - the staff was friendly and ready to help, the rooms are clean and well kept, and the food was yummy, to mention but a few. But this one event stood out because it was service beyond my wildest expectations. Thank you, African Regent Hotel.

Room Tip: I was on first floor at a corner and the roomy was, quiet, large and well lit. The A/C was funstioni...