“Good coffee great location. Kind of pricey” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Frankie's Hotel and Restaurant

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Accra
Frankie's Hotel and Restaurant
You added Frankie's Hotel and Restaurant to your Saves list
Osu Main Road, Accra, Ghana   |
Ranked #36 of 91 Hotels in Accra
Howell, Michigan, United States
“Good coffee great location. Kind of pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in here and had an espresso and a Schwarma. The espresso was good. A change from the horrible nescafe everybody drinks. The food was just average. It could of used a little sauce or something. I think I spent $9 US, which isnt bad but kind of pricey for Accra. The dining room is pretty cool and you can look over the street.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tralee, Ireland

Breakfast good in restaurant
Tv in room small
Good staff
Would recommend
Good value in overpriced accra hotel market

• Stayed July 2013
Albany, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I recently returned from a trip to Ghana, including a few days in Accra. I was traveling with some friends who had been there before. We stayed the first night at the Blue Royal Hotel, a place they had stayed in before. That place we not so good. Dark, dirty rooms, toilet didn't flush, towel rack fell off the wall, shower with no water pressure. The next morning we went to Frankie's for breakfast. The food was great, the protions were great. While there, I checked out the rooms and ended up switching from the other hotel to Frankie's. I rented a single room. It was small, but clean, great water pressure, great toilets, and the best bed and pillows I had experienced in 3 weeks in Ghana. The price was the same as the Blue Royal, except they included a big breakfast with the daily fee. I looked at the double rooms as well. They were also nice, big, bright, clean, etc. If you are looking for a good place to stay with good food in a great location in Accra, this is your place. Great food and shopping nearby. The cab ride to the airport is convenient. I would definately stay at Frankie's again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel has basic facilities, including A/C and television. The staff is friendly and helpful. I stayed in a single room. The bed was not wonderful, but it worked. There is a safe in the room, which is a necessity. The television is small, but it has local channels and some international channels. The attached bathroom has a shower stall and sink, with a small bar of soap, although shampoo is not provided. Consider this a basic -- not luxury -- hotel in a good location and for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not overlook the street, so it will be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

It has been years since I visited Frankie's, which is located on the strip of the Osu area just outside Accra. Friends and I would frequent the establishment for foods we craved from home during a three month stay..

I have to say that the Greek salads I would have there were among the best I've had at a restaurant in my life. The greens were fresh and crisp, the tomatoes were as if garden picked, the feta "to die for," and the olives perfect. There were times I would travel across town for this. The pizza was delicious too!

A good spot to stop for during an afternoon or evening of shopping and socializing. I have not stayed in the hotel.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Ogden, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I had been in Ghana for 3 weeks and just wanted air conditioning and a drink with ice. I remembered coming to Frankie's several years ago and asked my companions if we could please, please go to Frankie's. As locals they hesitated but were trying to improve my mood. We fought through the street sellers and traffic to finally make it to Frankie's. I was not disappointed with the nice cool and bright place to eat, drinks with ice and cold, cold water, however, the food was not as I remember. My companions were very disappointed with their chicken and rice. My cheeseburger was fine but not the most outstanding one I was looking for and remember. I rememinded them that we were paying foir the ice and air conditioning for me and that made it worth the trip. Although, I probably won't return to eat it was something I needed at the moment.

Room Tip: I didn't stay here, just went to eat.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Hotel is very Basic, The room is nice and big (The double rooms which face the main street), the floor is ceramic, the AC is working properly, the TV is working but it is small old type TV.
Staffs are very friendly and nice. The below famous cafeteria makes the place noisy till 11:00 pm.
Breakfast is good.
One more advice does not ever think about the single rooms, as you will end up with a very tight windowless room.

Room Tip: Even if you are Single do not ever think about single room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Frankie's Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!