“Clean, and extremely convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Frankie's Hotel and Restaurant

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Accra
Frankie's Hotel and Restaurant
You added Frankie's Hotel and Restaurant to your Saves list
Osu Main Road, Accra, Ghana   |
Ranked #36 of 91 Hotels in Accra
London
“Clean, and extremely convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

I was really quite happy with my stay in Frankie's, even though the reviews were bad. The rooms were extremely clean and the beds really large and comfortable - 4 people can fit comfortably in a twin room. The location was excelent, really accesible to everything, and Frankie's has great ice cream.
About the noise - I only stayed for one night, and was out for most of it, so by the time we got back it was dead quiet so I can't say anything about that, all I know was it was super accesible to everything, really clean, and one of the best and central options for the price range.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Beirut, Lebanon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

The hotel is being renovated now and the new rooms are spacious and confortable, the restaurants and the pastry shop are the best in Accra.
in addition to all that Frankies is located in the heart of Accra (oxford street) and what you pay is very reasonable for a clean and nice place in a verygood location .
so come on give some credit to Frankies because i've tried other hotels and i found that
frankies is one of the best in location , price , restaurants, and cleanliness.
so i can say yes i recommend Frankies.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

Frankie's may have been in a good location (or so we were told - we didn't have time to really explore the neighborhood) but we chose it as it was one of the less expensive hotels in Accra. The room wasn't very secure - only had a bathroom type pushbutton lock on the door when you left the room and was very loud from the street outside. It was clean enough.

The ice cream and pastries were indeed tasty but the restaurant was only OK and prices reflected that they were catering to tourists.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2010

Frankie's is a landmark of Oxford St., the main drag in Osu, which makes it about as central as one can get if one is a short-term visitor to Ghana. That said, the rooms are windowless and bland, and can get noisy in the evenings if the hall windows are open to let in noise from the street. They're also rather expensive, given their unexceptional quality. They are clean, however.

The attached restaurant is a different, and more positive, story. Whilst it also has little in the way of character, it offers a broad menu with some good Lebanese staples (like hummus and falafel), and - key in my opinion - opens before 8 am for breakfast, including fresh-brewed coffee. Service can be a bit slow, so make sure to ask for your bill long before you'll need it. But overall it's a very solid choice if you're in a rush and looking for a wide range of safe, moderately-priced dishes.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Cape Town
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

I have been eating at Frankies for a while and quite like the food. The lounge just off the main restaurant area is a great place for lunch.

Thought I would try the hotel as it was close to where I needed to be. I did hesitate when I read the tripadvisor comments.

I booked a single which at the quoted price of USD 70 was probably the first indication that things were going to be basic. On arrival they showed me the single which is on the back of the hotel. The room was tiny with no windows and furniture that looked like it had been knocked together 50 years ago.
They showed me a double at USD98 which had the same decor but was at least bigger and had windows. Took that.

The place is tired beyond all imagination with paintwork on doors, furniture and walls badly in need of a refresh. Bathroom is awful with shower tray and curtain that doesnt fit so you need at least one extra towel to deal with the flood. No means of hanging shower on the wall so it's a one handed situation.

Bed linen matress old and worn. In addition the cleaner needs a refresher course as it is not clean by any measure of the imagination.

On the up side you do have a very decent restaurant downstairs and the staff on the whole were friendly. AC also worked well. They also gave me a free very late checkout.

For this money in Accra there are guest houses enmass that are much better.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
chandigarh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2009

I Arrived in ghana on 19th dec 08,when i arrived on airport of ghana the weather here was very hot as compane to india.and then i reached in hotel by taxi but on the way i saw many black people and i was worried that how i will manage woth these black people,but when i checked In hotel frankies and reached hotel then there was one of my colleague already there in the same room in which i was going to spend my 2 months.
i was very tired that time bcoz my flight time was very long,after checking in ni went with my colleague to airport to see off him.
after that i arrived my room again then i slep and woke up next day the i was planning for my stay in that place,
i was not happy but i came here for some company's project so it was necessary to spend 2 months in that pethetic place,
but after spending 1-2 weeks i realised that this place is not so bad that i was thinking about it.
my daily schedule was:office from 8:00AM to 5:00PM and after that i enjoyed in the market everyday because the place where my hotel was the most famous place in ghana where each and every people comes to enjoy with their friends and girlfriends in the evening.So i looked so many black beauties and my favourite cars that i was always willing to see.
So now its only 2 weeks left for me to go back to india..
but at last i want to say that this place is good but not better than india.
Because "SARE JAHAN SE ACHCHA HINDUSTAN HAMARA".

Sumit

Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2008

I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Ghana in the late 90s, when Frankie's was the great new thing in Accra. It used to be a big treat to go there for ice cream and pastries, and I remember when the upstairs restaurant opened right before I left. The hotel opened soon after, but I didn't actually stay there until a return trip.

Almost everything worked, the staff was pleasant enough, so there was nothing particularly wrong with the hotel, except that it felt like a prison. My room was tiny, and the only tiny window was in the miniscule bathroom and looked out onto a brick wall. The TV was a little 10" thing hanging from the ceiling above the door. One night during my stay the people in the room next door were up having a party at midnight and I had to get up very early the next day for a business meeting- not good. I called the front desk and I think they asked them to quiet down for me, which was nice.

Oh yeah, and the phone in my room didn't work for outside calls for some reason, and the staff couldn't figure out why- at first they didn't believe me and thought I was using it wrong. I needed to have a phone for business, but I wasn't in town long enough to warrant a cell phone. So I ended up using the phone at the front desk, which was not convenient or pleasant.

Another thing I didn't like about Frankie's is the location. It's very conveniently located right on the main strip of Osu, so you have all the restaurants, shopping, and fast food you could want right outside your door. But that also means the Accra hang-out party scene is right outside your door, and you can't just nonchalantly walk in and out without people wanting to talk to you, sell you stuff, etc. I accept that is part of the Accra experience, but I'd rather stay somewhere on a quieter street and brace myself before I face the hordes.

The reason I gave Frankie's 3 stars and not 2 stars is that it is a pretty good value considering its location- I didn't pay all that much, I think $70? I don't remember exactly. And the staff was friendly and it was convenient and the food is pretty ok there. But next time I'll spend more money and get a better night's sleep. I ended up staying there only 2 or 3 nights and then moving on for the rest of my 2-week trip. I ended up staying at the Airport View, which suited my needs much better.

• Liked — convenience and price
  • Disliked — hectic location
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Frankie's Hotel and Restaurant? Share your experiences!