“An extremely pleasant surprise in Libreville” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Le Cristal

You added Hotel Le Cristal to your Saves list
Hotel Le Cristal
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pl. de L'Independance | PO Box 544, Libreville, Gabon (Formerly Hotel Mots de Crystal)   |
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Libreville
“An extremely pleasant surprise in Libreville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I arrived on 18 March 2014 and checked out on 22 March 2014. This was my first trip to Africa and I was quite anxious of what to expect in Libreville, a town that I had not heard of until my company started a venture over there.

The hotel is a small luxury boutique hotel. The hotel has recently been renovated so everything looks and feels fresh. I did not speak any French and based on the feedback that I had read about Libreville, I was very nervous as to how I would go. I was put at complete ease by the hotel staff who spoke extremely fluent english. They treated me with respect and as I was travelling alone, made conversation with me at every turn and made me most welcomed.

The rooms are just the right size for business, not overly large and not pokey. Sufficient room to leave all your luggage and comfortable to work from your room. The bathrooms are clean and fresh and had ample toiletries to get you by. The hotel has a pool (although at the time was under maintenance) and a well equipped gym. There is a small bar just outside the hotel restaurant which is great to have a pre-dinner drink.

As I was not game to adventure out too far from the hotel, I ate most of my meals at the hotel restaurant. The restaurant serves high quality french cuisine with an emphasis on sea food. The restaurant staff were extremely friendly (especially Juares) that looked after my bottle of wine over the few nights I was there with extreme care. There is a good variety of choice and I did not eat the same item twice while I was there.

The hotel is centrally located to most businesses (i.e. BICIG, Stock Exchange, Ernst & Young). The staff at Le Cristal made my stay in Libreville enjoyable and I will definitely be coming back and recommending this hotel to my work colleagues.

PS - the free WiFi is an absolute gem. I was able to get most of my news and entertainment on my apple devices as the TV and newspapers were all predominantly in French.

Room Tip: All rooms are easily accessible from the two elevators.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
David V, General Manager at Hotel Le Cristal, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for the feedback on your stay in our hotel Le Cristal.

We would like to inform you that the maintenance on the swimmingpool is conluded and we hope to offer you a refreshing swim on your next visit.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Families
Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you have to visit Libreville (Litterville) then this is the place to stay. The bed is good. You can expect a quiet sleep and the room is neat and tidy. Bathroom is great with an excellent shower and clean white towels. There is a flat screen TV (18 channels). Bar fridge and coffee / tea amenities available. Reception staff are friendly. The breakfast was excellent and included lovely juices and muesli ... nuts and dates. A hot breakfast is also served.
Free wifi is available which is always a bonus! Definitely recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
David V, General Manager at Hotel Le Cristal, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Madam, Sir,

I would like to thank you for the evaluation of your stay in our Hotel Le Cristal.

I hope to be able to welcome you again in the near future.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

It was an absolute pleasure, all the staff at the hotel were friendly and very helpful. They made staying away from home a pleasure rather than a chore. The facilities are fantastic. The food was phenomenal

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
David V, General Manager at Hotel Le Cristal, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for the evauation of your stay in our Hotel Le Cristal.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of service to you in the near future.

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

In a city where people are usually cold, very laid back and take things slowly, Hotel Le Cristal offers a sharp contrast with its young and welcoming staff. My last stay in Hotel Le Cristal from 9 - 24 December 2013 was refreshing. I experienced first hand a very personalised service. With an extremely hands-on Manager, Mr David vanAgt and a worldclass Chef, Mr Lawrence Catherine. The recently renovated boutique hotel offers clean rooms, just the size you need when on business trip, with unique interior design, a master-piece of simplicity, clean-cut and rather different furnitures and appliances, all the way to the bathroom where water streams from the square shower fixed on the wall. The fitness center next to the pool is relaxing. The food is exquisite, with unique menus, all-in dishes.

One evening, Mr David vanAgt, took on himself to personnally serve my dinner in the room after a confusion in my order the day before. Mr Lawrence, the Executive Chef with original food menu, is a Cuisine artist and craftmen, master of its art of mixed modern European and traditional african cuisine of its own. Probably from its Mauritius origin and multicultural influences, having travelled the world and prepared dishes for monarchs and Presidents. L'Orchidee Restaurant cuisine at the Hotel is designed to keep strict watch over client diet. Eat well and healty seems to be their motto...

I will recommend everyone travelling to Libreville to stay at Hotel Le Cristal and experience the special touch of a dedicated staff...

Of course not everything was perfect, like the internet wifi hotspot limited to 400MB per ticket and obliging me to get back to the reception to get a new ticket or the shuttle which was not yet ready, but overall it was a great experience and I won't trade Le Cristal for any other hotel in town if I am back to Libreville.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
David V, General Manager at Hotel Le Cristal, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Sir,

First of all we would like to wish you a very succesfull 2014 filled with family joy.

We would like to thank you for the evaluation of your stay in our hotel Le Cristal.

We appreciate your suggestion regarding the wifi connection and will take it into account on your next visit to Libreville.

Hoping to be able to welcome you again in the near future, we send you our sincerest regards,

Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

When I checked in, the person at the front desk has greeted me and offered a cup of tea. Then I was greeted by the executive chef followed by the hotel manager who gave me a tour of the hotel (took me to the terrace where the pool is, the gym, locker rooms and the restaurant ). As an aside, the pool has chairs to lounge and bars. Then they let me see several rooms to select. Just nice !!!

Back to the room, the beds are extremely comfortable. The shower products are amazing and high quality. There is a tea / coffee machine refilled for free. Minibar refilled everyday for free and lovely breakfast is included . Modern rooms, very clean, with very good internet.
And all staffs are very kind , friendly. I couldn't believe it.

But, the very best part of the hotel was the excellent location : perfect for a business trip.
And the RESTAURANT !!!! Please try the restaurant ... EXCELLENT !!! The chef will take you in another world . He is from Mauritius and I know what I say.

This is a great option for anyone looking for a cool modern chic hotel in the middle of Libreville. Expensive but worth it . Will be back again. Sandra

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
David V, General Manager at Hotel Le Cristal, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Madam,

We would like to thank you for the review of your stay in our hotel Le Cristal.

Wigth regards to the rate, I would like to inform you that our sales department is available to set up a corporate account for the company that you represent in order for you to benefit from a preferential rate on your next visit.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of service to you in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Here for one week on business, it certainly lives up to its tripadvisor rating, everything is faultless - relaxing hotel in central location at reasonable price (wifi and breakfast included), service is personalised, room was great and quiet. Very friendly staff. The food is top class thanks to Lawrence (Mauritius chef trained in France) and David (Manager) is very attentive to make your stay as pleasant as can be in Libreville. Well done!

Room Tip: Rooms ending with -04 (304, 404, 504, etc) should be quiet
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you for the review of your stay in our hotel Le Cristal.

It was a pleasure having you as our guest.

Please do not hesitate to inform me personally with regards to your next trip to Libreville.

Durban, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Great location, walking distance to the beach - easy access to and from airport - freshly renovated to international standards, this is truly a great, modern place to stay whilst in Libreville. The new management is very keen to make this a success and i have no doubt it will become the place to stay in Libreville. The food is simply amazing - on par with some of the best restaurants i have eaten out back home in South Africa.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
David V, General Manager at Hotel Le Cristal, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Dear Mister Vallee,

We thank you for the evaluation of your stay in our Hotel. It was our pleasure to accomodate you.

Hotel Le Cristal

Been to Hotel Le Cristal? Share your experiences!