“Convenient but tired hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Le Meridien Re-Ndama
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   PO Box 4064, Libreville, Gabon   |
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Libreville
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Convenient but tired hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

It must have been een great hotel and may well be the best in town still, considering that the Air France crews always stay here, but it needs a serious renovation. Housekeeping is not consistent and it would be good if it would step up at least one level of cleanliness. Used wine glasses stay where they are, only one towel is changed even if both are used and no daily replenishment of water bottles.
The restaurant however serves a good variety of dishes and most of it, especially the local Capitaine is highly recommendable. The staff is friendly however a bit obligatory and is often very limited in English, both speaking and understanding.
The one thing that is really annoying is the Internet. It's free but you are disconnected when inactive for some time and it doesn't keep your login details. There are different areas of service for which you have to log in every single time, even when at the same floor or no obvious change of area and I didn't have a signal in one area of my room.... the bed.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Mr. Peter V,

We would like to thank for taking time to share your review about Le Méridien Re-Ndama and would please accept our sincere apologise about the hosekepping and internet as well. We will advice to improve the connexion of internet to resolve this issue and will advice also to improve the quality of our housekeeping.
We really appreciate your comments about the restaurant and especially regarding the local Capitaine.
We are planning the full renovation of the hotel this year and we are planning a program of english training for the team.

We hope to welcome and to serve you again very soon.

Director Of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Palo Alto, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at Le Meridien Re-Ndama twice in December and January with the most recent visit seven days ago. Prior to arriving at this property, I read many negative reviews of Le Meridien Re-Ndama and, therefore, had minimal expectations - especially as I have traveled extensively for many years throughout Africa.

Without question, this hotel is exceptional in every respect. Our room on the sixth floor and on the fifth floor were outstanding by any international standard worldwide. Our rooms were spacious, well lit, with comfortable beds, and an excellent bathroom. Everything worked perfectly. The rooms are beautifully decorated with a real African flair. The restaurant is also first rate and well worth a visit even if you are staying elsewhere.

What really makes Le Meridien Re-Ndama truly among the very best hotels, worldwide, is the extraordinary level of service. The foreign senior managers, the Gabonese senior managers, and the entire Gabonese staff are so incredibly kind and gracious. The kindness and graciousness we experienced at Le Meridien Re-Ndama is genuine - a reflection of the wonderful Gabonese people we met everywhere in our two weeks of traveling through Gabon. Indeed, Gabon is one of the friendliest countries in the world.

If you want the best in terms of accommodations, food, service, and hospitality, then your hotel of choice in Libreville can only be Le Meridien. And, no - I am not related to or personal friends with anyone at this hotel or at Starwood. I am a demanding and experienced business traveler. The senior management team and everyone working at Le Meridien Re-Ndama do, however, become your friends after a stay at this hotel because they are all so genuinely wonderful and kind.

I have only the highest recommendation for this outstanding hotel!

Room Tip: The rooms are priced on floors according to their size and date of renovation. All room rates are...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Mr. Peter L.

We really appreciate your positive comments and we thank you very much for taking time to share your review about Le Méridien Re-Ndama.
We will share with our team your comments and we will continue to improve our services to welcome and to serve our guests.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is arguably one of the oldest hotels in the Gabonese capital and as such, it has aged putting it a bit out of fashion.
The rooms are relatively large and the hotel has very decent restaurant and meeting area facilities. The central city location is very good but this may have taken away the possibility of having large areas for gulfing of just walking.
Given the above, the hotel needs serious total renovation to re-qualify as a good 4/5 star facility. As it is now, it is a mere 3 start hotel.
However, the main restaurant opposite the lobby is fabulous and serves a variety of delicious dishes (both local and international). Do not miss the buffet breakfast! Libreville's restaurants have good reputation for culinary excellence.
Good for business and family.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean are the best.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Brakaba,

We thank you for taking time to share your review about Le Méridien Re-Ndama.
We are planing the full renovation of the hotel in 2014. We have noted your positive comment about the restaurant, the dishes and the buffet breakfast, and we will share it with our team.

We hope to see you again very soon.

In waiting to welcome and to serve you, we wish you Happy New Year.

Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stayed there in the past week. Probably one of the better hotels in Libreville.

I can recommend it.

Sure, it has some points that may need improvement: a/c was not fantastic/ hot water not available in my shower at 15:00, a-la-carte restaurant on Friday night had some bad points (poor lamb chops instead of the ordered entrecote) and some good points (smoked salmon, beautifully presented).

But: some other very, very good points too: fantastic buffet diner on my Thursday night, with all sorts of nice starters choices, for a reasonable price. The fish was great!

Breakfast buffet in the morning is not cheap, but has a good choice and an omelet and crepe counter.

May I especially say a praise to the staff; one of their (probably junior) young lady members of restaurant staff showed exceptional attention to detail and service (within 3 seconds she replaced a client's fork, when it fell on the ground), apart from having a very keen eye to any clients' restaurant needs. Well done, young lady!

The hotel has a nice pool and exercise room; both of whom I didn't use, but were used by other guests.

It is a shame the beach is not used, but it needs a clean up. Actually the area in front of the hotel is probably one of the cleaner area's around, so this is not a hotel problem, but a Libreville problem. (please Meridien: do try not to leave bin bags on the beach, across the little walls..)

As I said: I can recommend the hotel and hope to stay there again next year.

Walter

PS: Some locals seem to agree: Two lavish marriage party's were held on both of the nights I stayed, excellently organised. I had the pleasure to personally congratulate one of the newly wed couples.

PPS: On my stay there was a vendor with some beautiful woodwork in the hotel. I bought some (after light negotiations). Nice guy, nice stuff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Walter F.

We would like to thank you very much for taking time to share your positive review about Le Méridien Re-Ndama.
We really appreciate your comments about our restaurant and our services as well.
Also regarding the A/C as for the rest of the facilities, we are planning the full renovation of the hotel in 2014 and A/C will be totally redone.
We will advice to continue our efforts to improve our services and our organisation to host events in our property as marriage party's.

We hope to welcome and to serve you again very soon.

Crawley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is a hard hotel to review, because there are some good points and bad points.

I checked in early morning(0515) and having already been checked in earlier as I'm part of a flight crew so the hard part was already done!! I get to my room on the second floor and my colleagues key doesn't work, he went down to reception to get it re-issued. I put my stuff in my room next door and watched his baggage, then my key didn't work again, back down to reception for my key re-issued and also my internet password which hadn't been set up although I was assured it had been!!

I take a shower, beneath a big re-plastered wet patch on the ceiling, The water was a tan colour but eventually lighten up after 30seconds.

I go down to breakfast before I get some sleep, and this was very nice, lots of fresh fruit and pastries and lots of choice, with a view of pool and sea.

The hotel corridors where rooms are tired, very noisy during the day with workmen, banging doors, chatting VERY annoying when DND sign is on door and I'm trying to sleep!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear NeilMat,

We would like to thank you for taking time to share your review about Le Méridien Re-Ndama.
Would you please accept our sincere apologise about the poor experience that you have encounter during you stay with us, especially regarding your key and the noise in the corridors.
We will improve our services and we are planning the full renovation of the hotel in 2014. We have noted your positive comment about the breakfast and will share with the team of the restaurant.
Once again, please accept our sincere apologise and hope to see you again.

In waiting to welcome and to serve you very soon,

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

After a bumpy start, I expected more, I came to realize that service is not high on the agenda of most places in Libreville. So I adjust my expectations.

The staff are very friendly, try to accommodate me as I cannot speak any French.
Don't expect too much of the rooms, its dated and need refurbishment,

Best pillows of any Hotel I've stayed in so far, so I always had a good night sleep.

Make sure you sign up to the SPG program, you earn points and get water for free in your room.

Everything is expensive, but so is everything out in town. For me as a South African that are used to get food at cheap prices, this was a shock, but there is a few nice places to eat outside around the Hotel area.

I will suggest Tivoli for a very nice Pizza, walking distance from the Hotel

I can recommend this Hotel, just don't expect 5 star service although you will get that from the guys greeting you at your car when arriving, also staff at the front is very helpful, but they cannot do much more as the rest of the service staff does not support their effort.

Hope my review help someone

Enjoy Libreville, look past the things you don't like and see the beauty of things around you. You can still walk safely around city center and that's a bonus on its own.

Room Tip: Try to get on the 5th floor and have a view of the sea...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Kobus P,

We will share your positive comments with the rest of the team, especially with the front desk. We were glad to know that you had a good sleep. We are planning the full renovation of the hotel in 2014 and the rooms will be totally redone.

We hope th see you again very soon.

In waiting to welcome and to serve you again,

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Don't know what the other reviews are talking about. The hotel is very nice, far exceeding most African capitals' standards and easily on par with any other international location as well. Staff are super friendly and helpful,in a casual neighborly way, even if your French is not up to par! I stayed here in 2007 as well, always a good experience. ROoms are large, recently renovated, contemporary tasteful design, etc. Lobby bar is a bit sad - but then there's lots more interesting to do in town anyway! Wouldn't hesitate to stay again anytime.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
SemiKH, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien Re-Ndama, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Good Morning,

We would like to thank you for your positive review, it's much appreciated.

We hope to see you again very soon and will do our best to give you a very good experience.

Director Of Sales

Been to Le Meridien Re-Ndama? Share your experiences!