“An Oasis in the city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Leet Dorian

Hotel Leet Dorian
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Libreville
Hotel Leet Dorian
Alsace-Lorraine | Quartier Montagne Sainte, Libreville, Gabon   |
Ranked #2 of 15 hotels in Libreville
Johannesburg, South Africa
“An Oasis in the city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I booked into the Leet Hotel after being reccommend it by one of my clients. I was not dissappointed.
The staff were very, very helpful, even though my pigeon french was a bit of a difficulty.
The food was good and reasonably priced and the beer cold.
The free (underlined and in bold - take note other hotels in Libreville who charge $20 for 2 hours access) Wi-Fi was a great bonus.
The bedroom was very nicely done, and the amenities were excellent. The bed comfy and the AC a god send.
Thank you Leet Hotel for making my stay in Gabon affordable, comfortable, productive and most of all welcoming

Room Tip: I had room number 1 and it was a bit noisy in the evening because the kitchen is behind, however I s...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Neuchatel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Room are underground but you don't feel it. The hotel is clean, the restaurant above is excellent. Room rate is affordable. I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Luanda, Angola
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

I stayed here two nights before going on safari to Evengue & Loango with Africa´s Eden.

I decided to give the Meridien and other expensive hotels Africa´s Eden normally puts visitors in after reading the reviews and tried this place based on the one review below mine. This proved to be an excellent place. I paid 50,000 FCA for a single (less than $100 which for Libreville is amazing).

I had Ngonde Travel book for me as, like in much of Africa, you need someone to physically go there to check that they do indeed have your reservation. E-mail just won´t do. Check out Ngonde´s website. I wished I had booked my Africa´s Eden trip with them as well. It would have cost the same and I would have had less trouble with local logistical issues. (Ngonde is run by a young Gabon/French couple who are really good people and treat their guests like friends. They will try hard to make Gabon as affordable as possible and were even able to put together a dive for me when everyone told me that it was impossible to dive in Gabon.)

The hotel is about four years old and is in the basement of the Leet Hotel and Restaurant which has been running for a while and has the same French management. It´s a little disconcerting to go down the stairs into a basement and not have any windows giving out on sun, but the rooms are wonderful and bright. Orange walls with white ceiling and doors; bold African paintings; tile floors; recessed spotlighting; vivid artifical flowers that look like the real thing; fridge; fast free WIFI; small flat screen TVs with 10 cable channels. Really nicely put together decor.

The bathroom is also modern with power shower and ultra hot water. The shower stall is very spacious. Everything is clean.

The ladies on duty are very efficient and helpful. You can have drinks and meals delivered from the restaurant to your room and can sign restaurant bills to your rooms.

The hotel only has five rooms and they place an emphasis on guests keeping the noise from the TV, talking etc. down so that all guests can enjoy their time there. Even the aircon is quiet. I had excellent nights´sleep and in a very comfortable bed. Like most places in Gabon, you have to pay cash.

The hotel is 15 minutes from the airport, or a 2,000 CFA taxi ride away in Sainte Montagne. There are loads of little shops and restaurants close by including a good and cheap Indian place--Turn left as you exit the hotel and you will see it on the right hand side of the road. It´s called something like Shamirraz.

After my safari Ngonde Travel recommends I try a hotel close to the airport and on the beach, the Sunset Beach Hotel, so I´ll post my review of that shortly.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

Le Dorian is owned by the same French owner as the Leet Hotel and they are right next to each other behind the Komo cinema in the Montagne Sainte neighborhood (tell the taxi driver "derriere le Komo"). My room in Le Dorian was very clean and looked newly renovated. The location is very convenient and close to a police station so the neighborhood is safe to walk around at night. I am a woman traveling by myself on business and I felt fine walking out at night to the local restaurants and small informal cafes and bars in the nearby streets. The staff is friendly and helped me get taxis when I needed them. Finally, the Leet and Le Dorian are good value hotels in a very expensive city.

My only complaint is that the (free!) wifi did not work for the first week I was there, but it did finally come on for the last three days of my stay. Considering that the wifi is $12 an hour at Le Meridien, I was content to go to a cyber cafe for the beginning of my stay. I would definitely come to Le Dorian again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Leet Dorian? Share your experiences!