“Good central location for a business stay in Addis” 4 of 5 stars

Jupiter International Hotel - Cazanchis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tito St | Cazanchise, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia   |
Ranked #24 of 92 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good central location for a business stay in Addis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

A good hotel (the one at Kazanchise) with free wifi which has the same location but is a bit cheaper than the surrounding international hotels (Hilton, Sheraton, Radisson Blu). The first room I had (Junior Suite being all they had left) had no windows to the outside which I found a bit depressing. Staff were friendly and saved a room on the outside for me when someone else checked out that day. Lobby is a bit dark and can get noisy in the evening with a band playing so not nice for meetings but in the evening maybe relaxing is needed too!

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have windows to the outside
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JennyK12345

N Delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

we used this hotel recently and stayed for two nights. Hotel is good. Rooms are good but bit cold. It has WIFI and tea/coffee fee in the roomwhich is big plus. We got farely reasonable rate of 85 USD after discount which I think much cheaper then other 4* hotels in the city. Location is farely good with shops around and places of interest not too far.

Room Tip: Dlx rooms are much better.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kumar56775
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel three times. This is a decent choice for a business hotel in Addis Ababa. The rooms are fine, and service is very good. It's close to most places one might need to go in Addis Ababa. The restaurant if OK. Some things that need improvement: the room service menu, which is just not as varied as the restaurant offerings. Also, the windows facing the street need to be replaced with soundproof ones because even on the upper floors the street noise can be disturbing. But overall this is a good hotel for the price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Nahant, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This review relates to the Jupiter in Casangis. There is another one in Bole.
The first room they gave me was on the second floor... small, dark, cave-like, with one tiny window facing a wall. They told us there were no high-floor rooms, but when I said I couldn't stay there, they moved me to a higher room facing the market. Still tiny window, but more light because higher up. But faced the market with lots of noise during the day. I saw a room on the same floor with big picture windows... a deluxe, $20 more, spacious and light. Luck! But... it faced the front of the hotel, a busy street, with traffic noise all night long (except for one day of New Year holiday, when all was quiet.) My collegue had a deluxe room NOT facing the street... light, quiet, very nice. So my rating of "average" really is an average of awful and very nice. Don't be afraid to ask for what you want: a high floor, deluxe (big window) room facing the side or back.
Location is great... walking distance from various restaurants. Internet connection worked for email, but I wasn't able to access the web for searching things. I had no trouble with the bathroom but my colleague had no hot water one of the mornings we were there.
Breakfast is included, ample and good. Restaurant is pretty good for dinner, too. I usually stay at the Addis Regency near St George's church in Piaza, but my colleague prefers the Jupter for the location. If we stay again, I'll make sure to get a good room, and I'm sure I'll be perfectly happy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor and not facing the street. If you are claustrophobic, a deluxe room...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed at the Jupiter twice during our trip to Ethiopia. It is a good hotel, has nice rooms and an excellent breakfast. One concern is with the noise. You need to be aware of where you are in the hotel. From our fourth floor room, it was quite noisy during the day but was fine at night. From our second floor room (we were four people), it was noisy all the time. I don't remember hearing any noise the first time we stayed but can't give advice as to location as I didn't note the room numbers.

The WIFI was good in our room but not in the lobby as many people come to the lobby bar to sit, have drinks and get onto the internet.

They have an excellent gym, free shuttle service to and from the airport and good service. Finally, note that there are two Jupiter's in Addis. This was the Jupiter that was downtown.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed her at the beginning and end of a recent trip to Ethiopia. The hotel is in a good area of town near other international brand hotels.

There is a bar on the ground floor which seemed popular with guests and non-guests alike. The restaurant on the first floor never seemed to be that full except for breakfast. To be honest I can see why after sampling some of the food other restaurants in the area can provide. Thats not to say the food is bad - just nothing worth writing about.

The rooms were good sized and well equipped with tv, good beds, bureau, coffee/tea station and free water. The bathrooms were nice and the all important shower was pretty good by Ethiopian standards. The only bad thing I have to say about the hotel was that it could do with some renovations (at the time we stayed there was a sign apologising for works -so it would seem that they are already underway). We stayed in three rooms in total. In two some of walls in the room or bathroom had tiles/paint missing and in the other the door chain came out of the wall and one of the sockets was hanging out of the wall.

I found the staff very nice and attentive.

Room Tip: The road at the front of the hotel can be busy from early so a room at the front on the lower levels...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank dublinb
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed at Jupiter Hotel twice, and I must admit I loved it second time as much as I loved it the first time.

Rooms are cozy, well maintained, and well supplied with amenities.
Staff is very very polite, humble & ever-smiling.
For non-veggies, food is good with options. However for veggies, very limited options and this is an area of improvements since there is lot of tourist in Addis.
Bar section is its highlight. If you happen to be staying in on weekends, then you are in for a treat as there are live concerts. I happen to be in on one, and I was blown away by the Jazz Group & the audience.

Overall, definitely recommended. I personally would stay there if given an option (although this hotel shares its wall with Radisson Blue Hotel).

Room Tip: 5-star like-stay, definitely recommended !
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business