“Formerly the "Red Bean"; One of Addis' best” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #71 of 150 Restaurants in Addis Ababa
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Tyler, Texas
“Formerly the "Red Bean"; One of Addis' best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Before I go any further, I want to affirm my love of Tomoca. I always bring back a suitcase full of Tomoca beans when I visit Ethiopia.

For a long time, however, my traveling constituents have told me about "The Red Bean" coffee house close to Bole Airport. I finally made a trip over this past July to have a cup of coffee and some dessert after a great lunch meal at Antica up the road.

Bean Addis roasts Tarara coffee, which I really have come to like. It's a little different than Tomoca, so I suggest you get some Tarara to take home next time you visit to compare for yourself.

The tiramisu we had at Bean Addis was very good. And for a double shot espresso, a macchiato, two cappuccinos, a slice of pound cake and a tirimisu it was $5.20 USD! Wow!

Very nice, clean environment and easy to get to. I highly recommend you visit and taste the Tarara coffee product for yourself brewed here at Bean Addis.

• Visited July 2013