“Made me feel at home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 139 Addis Ababa B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Made me feel at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My trip to Addis was amazing and it was with the help of the staff at Reliance. I was very upset and ready to leave Ethiopia as I got to the hotel but the hotel staff were warm and welcoming and turned the trip around. I initially planned on staying 3 nights but extended to 6. I was actually trying to extend another day but couldn't get a flight. The hotel was clean and everyone went out of there way to make me feel at home. At times I didn't feel like I was at a hotel because everyone would talk to me as if I was family. The only issues I had which was minor was the generator went down a few times. But I hear that is common throughout the country. The Hotel manager had candles and was willing to accompany me to my room. That is service. The other issue was the wifi signal was weak in the room I was in. It was fine since I was able to get on and access work emails but it would be nice to have uninterrupted internet. That is minor issues to me.
The bar is small but very accommodating. I like a nice Long Island Iced Tea on a hot day and even though it wasn't something that they offered before they made sure I got one... well 3 I think.
The food was good. I am a very picky eater and I cant eat just anything because my stomach would not be nice to me. But I didn't have any issues with the food.

I am actually planning another trip now. I can't wait to get back. See you all in 60 days.
Les

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Greek first
aberdeen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My husband booked this hotel as a surprise for my birthday. He had been to Addis before but this was my first time. We had a spacious corner suite, above reception.

Upon arrival we were greeted by Elias, he was fantastic throughout our stay, the check in was quick and efficient.

The Suite was huge, very clean and a large flat screen Television. The room contained no safe, we asked at reception and Elias arranged on to be sent to the room. Anything requested was quickly sorted out for us, this included kitchen utensils, kettles etc..

Elias was helpful getting taxis to pick us up, when required. The rate for the room was fantastic! Very good value for money.

The staff were all great, very helpful and where some may have lacked hotel experience, they sure made up with their enthusiasm. A lot of the big hotels could learn something about customer service from the Reliance hotel! It really made our stay!

The food was very nice and the small bar area is cosy. The room service and bar are opened 24 hours a day. The prices are very reasonable.

You are a short drive in a Lada blue and white taxi to all the museums and to the churches.

There was a lot of building work near the hotel, but we were never disturbed during our stay.

We have travelled to a few Africa countries on holiday. I would say the Ethiopian people are the most friendly we have found.

Would we return to the Reliance...... Yes. Its a fantastic find! Thanks to Elias for making this a great holiday!!!

If you travel to Addis go to the national museum to see Lucy!

Room Tip: Suite 106 is great.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Addis Regency Hotel
Addis Regency Hotel
#2 of 81 in Addis Ababa
4.5 of 5 stars 327 reviews

Been to Reliance Hotel Apartment? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Reliance Hotel Apartment

Address: Africa Avenue, Bole Road, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Location: Ethiopia > Addis Ababa
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #21 of 139 B&Bs / Inns in Addis Ababa
Hotel Class:4 star — Reliance Hotel Apartment 4*
struttura nuova, elevata qualità e ottimo rapporto Q/prezzo ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Reliance Hotel Apartment reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Reliance Hotel Apartment, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.