“The Place to stay if you're in Addis Ababa” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AREQU Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Addis Ababa
AREQU Guest House
Save Saved
You added AREQU Guest House to your Saves list
Ring Road | Bob Marley Junction, Addis Ababa 3909, Ethiopia   |
Ranked #4 of 118 Addis Ababa B&B and Inns
Milano, Lombardia, Italy
“The Place to stay if you're in Addis Ababa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Arequ it's the place to stay if you are in Addis: the room are great and the people are nice and professional. You've everything you need: nice room, hot water, wi fi. People are nice and professional. It sounds as staying at home! I stayed ther 1 week and I'm sure I'll go there again.
Logistically it's close to main streets and to the airport.
Just go and experience: you'll have great time.

Room Tip: I stayed in the double room at the first floor: great and quite. Roof top: gorgeous!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed at AREQU for just over 1-week and loved it to pieces. Although the neighborhood that it's located in is still being developed, the distance to and from the main part of town in Addis (Bole Road / Bole Medhanalem Road) is very convenient. In fact, the location is perfect for travellers (such as myself) who enjoy the separation from the busy hustle & bustle of the town. I found the property to be very relaxing and zen like. The staff is simply amazing--good quality hospitality is very rare to come by in general and especially in Addis. Lastly, the Wi-Fi is the best, I mean THE BEST and most reliable in the city which is VERY convenient for people who like to stay connected online, upload pictures, etc. etc.

Room Tip: All the rooms are exceptionally designed. If early morning sunlight bothers you, then I would reques...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Jinja, Uganda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a unique guesthouse, where the design of the place goes against the grain of guesthouses in Addis Ababa. Instead of business hotel type atmosphere, it seems the whole place from the finishing to furniture was designed for a homely environment. Its hard to figure out what it is from the outside, but once inside, it gives a welcoming and comfortable ambiance -- with a beautiful local aesthetic.

The staff are very welcoming and friendly, truly showing the spirit of sincere Ethiopian hospitality -- which these days is hard to see in urban Addis Ababa.

I stayed 8 days, and have never had such comfort staying in a guesthouse in Addis Ababa.

Room Tip: The top room (which I saw but did not stay in) had a spectacular views and a large balcony overseein...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Whatever I had expected from a guesthouse - here I got it. Clean, friendly and on top well designed. I stayed here 4 nights. The owner obviously has a good taste and designed everything himself, be it a little table or the hole house. He is one of Ethiopias best architects I found out. Everybody is extremely friendly, if I had any questions, they would answer or help me. I had never been to Ethiopia before, alone as a woman and was a bit afraid. But here I felt home from the very first moment. I know they cared, not just because I would pay an absolute adequate price in the end (65 Dollar per night incl breakfast), but because they obviously care for their guest, ethiopian hospitality at its best. You feel a family opens its house and hearts. The hall is like a livingrooom of this family. The rooms are well furnished, extremely clean, they never put something cheap in there, only the best available equipment. The family also treats the personal in a very humble and friendly manner.
If you come here, call first and let them settle the price for the taxi, which they will. I payed 70 Birr to go back to the airport. You can also walk to Bob Marley Junction, which is about 800 metres away and get on the taxi buses.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I spent a night in transit in Addis and would usually use established and branded business class hotels. A friend suggested to stay at the Arequ guesthouse and I was thoroughly impressed. The hotel is almost at walking distance from the airport. The building is very well planned and executed with a surprising level of detail and a very tasteful choice of materials. Rooms are spacious and fully equipped. The whole atmosphere is very friendly and it is run by the owners family. Good breakfast was included. At 65 USD per night I will certainly use it again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I was in Addis for a conference and treasured my time at Arequ. After only a couple days it felt like I was coming home. The staff were gracious, sweet, thoughtful and incredibly helpful. The aesthetic is beautiful and the rooms comfortable. The internet signal coming into the building would come and go but when it was on, I found it plenty fast for my email and internet needs. The water was super hot, breakfast was fantastic, really I can't say enough good things about my stay.

Room Tip: If you don't like climbing stairs ask for a room closers to the ground floor.
Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Berwick upon Tweed, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I thoroughly recommend this guest house for business or pleasure in Addis. We spent 2 nights here on arriving in Ethiopia and at the end of a 7 day tour of the northern highlands and were really looking forwrad to the comfort, space and hospitality that it offers by the end of our trip. The room and bathroom is finished to a high standard in a country where spartan is the norm, every detail has been well worked out for your convenience and comfort and the staff are very welcoming and helpful. Afternoon tea on arrival was a very welcome bonus and the breakfasts feature home baked pastries, good coffee and excellent juices. I would stay here again on my next trip to Addis.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to AREQU Guest House? Share your experiences!