“EXCELLENT SERVICE” 5 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Lideta, Addis Ababa 11340, Ethiopia   |
Ranked #6 of 72 Hotels in Addis Ababa
“EXCELLENT SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

At Dssie hotel you feel like home out of home. Let me start from the frontdesk. Embet, Frewoiny,Tigist etc. they are so polite and down to earth.The bar area Abraham and Addisu they are WOW. At the restaurant Fre, Tigist KIDIST they are lovely...the General Managers Clawdia is the best friend and owner. Just ask anything you will get it. I planned to stay at addis hotel just for two days but ended up staying at dessie for more than 10 days. For my surprise I had a fare well party at the end of my stay .I have never had hotel stay like that before. The most important part of the hotel is CLEAN rooms, loby,restaurant. second part is the service which is five star. Definitely I will stay in the same hotel with my next visit and friends I would highly recomend Dessie hotel when you visit Ethiopia Addis Ababa.

Room Tip: rooms at the edge 107,207,407 these rooms they do have double bath and very comfortable for our feme...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I just returned from ethiopia and spent 2 nights at Dessies. I've never had a hotel stay like this before. First off, the accomodations are great. Not fancy -but clean, comfortable, and well located. Also the food is delicious! However what really sets this place apart is the service. The owner not only personally provided 2 way airport transfer but was willing to even provide some transportation in the city and help connect me with guides and tours. When she found out I was leaving early for a 7am flight she arranged for breakfast to be available to me earlier than the restaurant was opened and woke up herself to give me a ride. Just incredible service. I'd highly recommend Dessie Hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Stayed there on two occasions - on a stop over to Lalibela and way back during our tour of Addis.
The place is reasonably close to the airport - 15-20 mins from the airport.
Rooms - very well furnished and nice.
Staff - awesome
Best is the owner lady who picked us up and dropped us off. She even took us to a restaurant because it was too late and taxis would charge too much - she dropped us off and picked us up.

Overall, a fantastic place.
Couple of minor downsides
Laundry and food is quite pricey - by Ethiopian standards
And the place is not within walking distance to the sights - but the staff would happily help out in finding a taxi and negotiating the best price

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I stayed for a week in December 2013 with a colleague at Dessie Hotel. Clean rooms and very friendly staff including the owner. One of the few hotels in Addis where smoking is not allowed inside the hotel. The hotel also provides a vehecle and driver for 650 Birr ($32.50) per day which is a lot cheaper than the local taxis. I had a wonderful time at the hotel and recommend other travelers to Addis to consider using this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

what a little gem...staff here are wonderful and obliging.rooms are comfortable and clean and staff looked after us well. we had airport pickups, could leave our luggage here whilst travelling and all for a reasonable cost. The hotel is a little out of town but taxis weren't too expensive and it was worth it to stay in a quiet , well run hotel..would recommend to travellers

Room Tip: ask for a room that doesn't face onto the main road.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

One thing I enjoyed about it was the service, the staffs hospitality was wonderful. I visited Addis in October for one month. The food was a good mix of Ethiopian and American. The hotel itself was clean and the rooms were comfortable, overall my stay was pleasing!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

I had a wonderful experience at this hotel. The atmosphere is very down to Earth with good customer service. The rooms are very clean and the food is fresh! The room rate is more than reasonable. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Dessie Hotel? Share your experiences!