“Safe, beautiful home-away-from-home!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lucyland Boutique Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Addis Ababa
Lucyland Boutique Hotel
Bole Michael Road, Addis Ababa 100384, Ethiopia   |
Ranked #32 of 115 Addis Ababa B&B and Inns
Portland, Oregon
“Safe, beautiful home-away-from-home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was my first trip to Addis Ababa, and my new friends at Lucyland Hotel made it wonderful! The rooms are spotlessly clean, very comfortable, and the staff is ready to help with any adjustments we needed to make. Breakfast (included in the room price) is hearty and diverse, with something for everyone. All of the other items we ordered for some lunches and dinners were excellent (the pizza is a must). It's a great place to try Ethiopian food. We followed their advice on sights to see and places to eat. Esayas, one of the drivers, is a gem. I miss him and all of the front desk, kitchen and room staff so much! You won't regret staying here and it just might be the highlight of your time in Addis!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Lucyland is a hidden gem in Addis. There is great wireless internet which is hard to find here at times. The rooms are very comfortable and spacious. The bathrooms are excellent. Staff is wonderful. They will arrange almost anything for their guests. It is located in a quiet neighborhood close to the airport and in the city. Breakfast is delicious - the lady who cooks is absolutely amazing. She will cook anything you would like for dinner. The staff is like family and they make everyone feel very comfortable. I am hoping that I can come back to Addis and see them again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Leavenworth, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at Lucyland for our first trip to Ethiopia and will stay there every time from now on! We had a queen room and it was so spacious! Much larger than a normal hotel room. Our first night I made a bit of an "oops" and turned on the shower without pointing the shower head down and flooded the bathroom. They cleaned it right up and supplied me with more towels to make up for the ones I used when I tried to clean up myself! We can blame it on the jet lag right?
The food was SO good! I was so full after breakfast each morning. We had most of our meals there and this next time I will make sure I'm sharing with my husband because their portions are large.
The staff is so nice and welcoming. On our last morning I woke up way too early and just laid in bed. Later I told Mimi at the front desk that I couldn't sleep but I could hear music in the background and she said "that was me! I couldn't sleep either, you should have come down and talked with me!". You won't find those kinds of personal relationships at just any hotel.
The service was amazing and the drivers are so nice and accomodating.
Like I said, I can't imagine staying anywhere else!!
Oh and don't forget to check out the beautiful hut out back, so relaxing and beautifully decorated. You must ask for a free coffee ceremony...and drink all three cups! The last one is the "lucky" one. ;)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have been here now for a month with my 2 and a half year old on a long holiday, we love it! The staff here is amazing, they treat you like family and go unbelievably out of their way to make sure you are happy. I was moved to a lower floor when I requested it, but also they changed the bed to a softer one when I mentioned it. I have a queen room and it is really big with a very big bathtub. The key difference between here and the many other guests houses I've stayed at in Addis Ababa is service and luxury.

It is very clean and the furnishings were obviously picked out with care. The breakfast is included. It's delicious and always comes with a variety of items, like choice of eggs, pancakes or French toast, breads, fresh juice and fruit, and often sautéed vegetables. It's more of a buffet than a traditional guest house breakfast. They also have really delicious lunch and dinner available to order.

This is a very safe neighborhood of mostly gated mansions. My daughter and I walk freely on the side streets to Bole to shop (it's a little less than a mile) with no problems. But you can also use their driver anytime, he's on staff everyday.

Lucyland is quite spacious. There are four floors of guest rooms, a playroom on the very top floor full of toys, a computer room, a large dining room (they are currently building a large outdoor dining room which should be done soon), and a very big toukoul in the back where they provide coffee service (and recently they hosted a Genna celebration for the guests).

I can't say enough about how wonderful Lucyland is, I will be staying here for all my future trips to Ethiopia.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter, but the ones in the front have really big balconies.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Antigo, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We recently traveled to Addis Ababa for the first time and our stay at the LucyLand was amazing! We can't imagine staying anywhere else. When we return in spring, we will have our four children (under age 10) with us and this is the only place I would want to stay. It really is like being at home away from home! Can't say enough about the people, food, accommodations, etc. All remarkable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Port Townsend, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I recently traveled to Addis on business and was delighted to have a co-worker suggest the Lucy Land Hotel. The staff there is outstanding and were attentive to our every need. The meals were wonderful and our room was spacious and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Port Angeles, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My co-worker and I recently shared a double room at Lucyland for 6 nights. We were treated to wonderful accomodations, friendly service, and all the perks imaginable. All this for a very reasonable price that included the best free breakfast, a 24 hour room service or dine-in menu, and a driver on call for all our needs. LucyLand is family friendly with outside playgrounds and inside kids' rooms. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Lucyland Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!