“Best Addis guest house” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lucyland Boutique Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Addis Ababa
Lucyland Boutique Hotel
You added Lucyland Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Bole Michael Road, Addis Ababa 100384, Ethiopia   |
Ranked #34 of 119 Addis Ababa B&B and Inns
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Best Addis guest house”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have been here now for a month with my 2 and a half year old on a long holiday, we love it! The staff here is amazing, they treat you like family and go unbelievably out of their way to make sure you are happy. I was moved to a lower floor when I requested it, but also they changed the bed to a softer one when I mentioned it. I have a queen room and it is really big with a very big bathtub. The key difference between here and the many other guests houses I've stayed at in Addis Ababa is service and luxury.

It is very clean and the furnishings were obviously picked out with care. The breakfast is included. It's delicious and always comes with a variety of items, like choice of eggs, pancakes or French toast, breads, fresh juice and fruit, and often sautéed vegetables. It's more of a buffet than a traditional guest house breakfast. They also have really delicious lunch and dinner available to order.

This is a very safe neighborhood of mostly gated mansions. My daughter and I walk freely on the side streets to Bole to shop (it's a little less than a mile) with no problems. But you can also use their driver anytime, he's on staff everyday.

Lucyland is quite spacious. There are four floors of guest rooms, a playroom on the very top floor full of toys, a computer room, a large dining room (they are currently building a large outdoor dining room which should be done soon), and a very big toukoul in the back where they provide coffee service (and recently they hosted a Genna celebration for the guests).

I can't say enough about how wonderful Lucyland is, I will be staying here for all my future trips to Ethiopia.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter, but the ones in the front have really big balconies.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Antigo, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We recently traveled to Addis Ababa for the first time and our stay at the LucyLand was amazing! We can't imagine staying anywhere else. When we return in spring, we will have our four children (under age 10) with us and this is the only place I would want to stay. It really is like being at home away from home! Can't say enough about the people, food, accommodations, etc. All remarkable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Port Townsend, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I recently traveled to Addis on business and was delighted to have a co-worker suggest the Lucy Land Hotel. The staff there is outstanding and were attentive to our every need. The meals were wonderful and our room was spacious and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Port Angeles, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My co-worker and I recently shared a double room at Lucyland for 6 nights. We were treated to wonderful accomodations, friendly service, and all the perks imaginable. All this for a very reasonable price that included the best free breakfast, a 24 hour room service or dine-in menu, and a driver on call for all our needs. LucyLand is family friendly with outside playgrounds and inside kids' rooms. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Lucyland is easily the best place I have stayed in Addis. The rooms are spacious and classy, the staff provide outstanding service, and the food is exceptional.

It is conveniently close to the airport and not too far from the Bole Rd district, but thankfully not in the middle of it.

The menu is a blend of Ethiopian and western dishes and the cook will even try new things for you if you give her a little notice.

A large traditional thatched homestead (modeled on those in the south of Ethiopia) is in the back courtyard. It is a most cool place to hang out, have a traditional coffee ceremony, a reception or even a training seminar if you are in Addis for this kind of work. So much better than the drab western-style conference or reception rooms of the larger hotels.

Lucyland is that kind of place, very well run but personalized to truly make you feel at home. The owners really understand the needs of travellers and this 5 star service attitude runs through the entire staff. They bend over backwards to make you feel at home.

Room Tip: Ask for the large master suite
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

i enjoyed my stay at lucyland as i was treated more like a friend. thanks to Hassit and Hanan for helping me with all my tours around Addis and to the lady working in restaurant for cooking our daily fresh breakfast. rooms are huge. has sauna,steam bath and Gym. The hotel is secure and friendly. it is not far from Bole road but stil you need a taxi. they have 4 desktops with internet you can use for free but wirless is weak. After trying 3 more hotels, i'd return to this one cause it is away from noise on bole road.

Room Tip: book direct thru hotel web site and choose higher rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Lucyland Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!