I frequently travel on business and have stayed in a variety of business hotels in different countries in Africa. The rooms are spacious, and the facilities clean.
- The air-conditioner is pretty ineffective. Everyone else on my team had the same problem in their rooms. Oh and if you open the windows to let some breeze in at night, the aircon switches itself off. Frustrating.
- Their food menu has 2 ethnic items and they're both pretty rubbish. If you want to get a feel for local cuisine, there is absolutely nothing on offer. In fact, when I decided to buy some Ethiopian at a recommended restaurant in town and brought it back to chomp on whilst working in my room, they stopped me at security and said that the hotel does not allow guests to bring in their food into the hotel. Bizarre.
- No tea or coffee service within the room. If you'd like to wake up and get a fresh cup, the only option you have is to pay USD 3 (+USD 2.50 + taxes) for delivery to your room.
- The breakfast buffet is expensive (USD 30 + taxes) and really not great. The room a la carte breakfast menu isn't great either and you end up paying a lot again.
- There is no gym. They say they're building one and it should be ready in 2 years.
So, if you decide to stay in and eat, be prepared for pastas and pizzas and other boring fare. Nights aren't comfortable. No gym to start the day with, and breakfast a let down.
In short, its the sort of hotel that is nice-looking and reasonably comfortable, but it makes you feel cheated.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Starwood EMEA, Tingo, HotelsClick, Otel and Venere so you can book your Sheraton Addis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Addis Hotel Addis Ababa
- Sheraton Addis Ababa
- Addis Ababa Sheraton