I checked out this morning. And after all these years, it was only last night I found out that the hotel was inaugurated by Haile Selasie in 1969. That is a long time ago. So it is really an old place. I love the history/functional/reliable nature of the hotel. The food is okay and the pool and gym attract folks from outside.
It is rather on the high side.. but it has personality, it has a soul. It is also a working distance from most of the UN offices (if it is not very cold).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cool off in the thermal swimming pool surrounded by thatched huts at the central Hilton Addis Ababa hotel. Play friends on one of 4 tennis courts and relax with a massage at the health club. Try the specialty lobster at the romantic Jacaranda Restaurant and browse the hotel's shopping mall.… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Venere and Expedia so you can book your Hilton Addis Ababa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Addis Ababa Hotel Addis Ababa
- Hilton International Addis Ababa
- Addis Ababa Hilton