“A Clean, Comfortable Spot” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Siyonat Hotel to your Saves list
Hotels.com Expedia.com
Siyonat Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Bole Medhanialem (near Edna Mall), Addis Ababa, Ethiopia   |
Ranked #7 of 69 hotels in Addis Ababa
Boston, Massachusetts
“A Clean, Comfortable Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The last time I was in Addis two years ago, the Siyonat didn’t exist. It opened in September 2011 and is a clean, comfortable hotel in the heart of the city.

I had a Junior Suite, which was large and extremely comfortable with a couch and small kitchen with a fridge, electric kettle, and microwave. The bed was quite firm—just the way I like it—and the sheets were a very nice, heavy cotton. The room was very was quiet, which I appreciated!

The wifi was sporadic, which was annoying, and some rooms in the hotel received better service than others. I’d often have to head down to the lobby or a conference room to get service.

The hotel has a decent sized work-out room with some equipment—just 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, and weights, though as no one else was ever in the room when I was there, it probably meets their needs well.

The food was adequate. The breakfast buffet could have used a few more options, but they make you an omelet and toast if you’d like, had various rolls and a few hot items every day. I quite liked their local Ethiopian fare for lunch or dinner. There were also several cafes nearby, including the renowned Beer Garden.

I was attending a conference at the Siyonat and they had several large as well as smaller break-out rooms. The staff were quite helpful and saw to most of our needs, though the sound system wasn’t great and both the projectors which we had been promised were out of commission so we had to bring one from our office. They also told us that they didn’t have speakers, so we rented some—but then saw some big old speakers in the corner of the room.

All in all, it was a very comfortable, reasonably priced option in the heart of Addis – nothing luxurious, but clean, safe, and convenient.

Room Tip: Go for the Junior Suite - the rooms are significantly bigger than the regular rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
addis ababa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

i have spent almost a week its` so fascinating hotel that i have ever seen in Africa,particularly its` convenient location to the airport. in general its` services provided by hotel very good.
thank you indeed.

Room Tip: specially its` convenient location to the airport and the service provided by the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

Hi Everyone,

I just came back from my usual trip in Ethiopia. The last two visits over a year and half, I stayed at Damu Hotel and Harmony Hotel with good discount through azebot. Some people like staying in the same hotel, but I'm the opposite. I wanted to try something new so I found Siyonat hotel on azebot, which happens to be brand new hotel, 3 minutes from the airport. Indeed it was awesome. Great hospitality and beautiful room. Make sure you try Yoda Abisinia restaurant while you're there. You can walk to it if you don't mind walking a few blocks.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Our guests who stayed at the hotel (especially the newly wed couples) informed us they entertain very personal attention from the staffs. We appreciate what we really got from the service. We believe we'll work closely in the future too.

With kind regards

Yared Mulugeta
G/Manager, Antique Tour Plc

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jhonsborge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

I was at siyonat hotel, couple of days on the month of February. The hotel staffs are very nice. however, on my stay i met the hotel owner every day and every time at the lobby no manager at all in the hotel even i tried to meet the General manger but i couldn't, and he promised to allow me half day stay without charge by saying yes yes good good but it was not applicable even he didn't understand what my request is. additionally at the check out date he was only look USD dollar on my hand. He didn't allow me to pay in local currency. The reception scared to assist me because of the owner. it was my first experience in my travel history.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Apex, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the Siyonat. It is a cozy, quiet hotel in a not-so-quiet or cozy area of Addis. The staff was really nice--I had a bad cold and they brought me fresh ginger tea every night, and they always remembered my name. The room was very clean, and I loved having a balcony so I could look out on the bustling streets of Bole. Internet worked fine in my room. Breakfast was always tasty (I liked the mini-donuts), and I had dinner (which was also good) there a few nights. They also have a bar which was a nice place to have a cold beer after work while I checked email. Extra bonuses: there is a great gift shop just next door, too (called the Habesha Cultural Center) that had really nice clothes and souvenirs at reasonable prices; and there are plenty of restaurants, bars, shops, and a movie theater in walking distance.

I'd definitely stay at the Siyonat again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Addis Ababa, Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I was in Addis Ababa for few weeks and although I spent most of my time with my family, I spent my last week at Hotel Siyonat in Addis Ababa. The hotel is conveniently located in the city and was reasonably priced. I even got a 10% discount because I made my reservations through a booking website called Azebot.com. What I enjoyed the most about the hotel was the service. The staff were very attentive and helpful. They definitely got my business next time I'm in Addis.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Siyonat Hotel? Share your experiences!