“Mediterranean Food in Ethiopia!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Enya's Mediterranean Kitchen

Enya's Mediterranean Kitchen
Bole TeleMedhanyalem, just off Namibia Street, behind Haimi Hotel | House No 064, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
+251 91 279 5876
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 170 Restaurants in Addis Ababa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish, Greek, Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: OUR RESTAURANT IS NOT OPERATING SINCE AUGUST 2014.
Ramelton, Ireland
“Mediterranean Food in Ethiopia!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This restaurant offers a good range of mediterranean food (mainly Greek). Check out the colanders and graters used as lamp shades. My only complaint was that the chairs were so uncomfortable it made a relaxing meal impossible.

Visited March 2013

• Greek first
San Diego, California
“Not sure what the fuss is about”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I spent about a month in Ethiopia and ate at many many places, and this place really doesn't stand out at all for me.
I went with two local friends and was stunned at the number of ferenji (foreigners). It was like being in the US! That's just an observation-it doesn't really help or hurt the review.

I ordered a fish dish. It was supposed to be Nile Perch, but they didn't have, so they served Tilapia instead :/ It was just okay. Nothing special by either Ethiopian or American standards. Service was VERY slow, but I would say that's the case most places. Took a long to get menus because the server couldn't find any. Lol.

Prices were higher than the average restaurant, no doubt, but still reasonable. Also, very limited vegetarian options (thus I ate fish :( )

Visited February 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Enya's Med Kitchen Great Food and Family environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Enya's Kitchen is great, I have spent the last 5 months in Addis and have eaten at least twice or three times a week there with work colleagues. Excellent Food and Service, great atmosphere and a pleasure to eat there. Had a great Christmas and New Year there too and Enya looked after us all. Thank you Enya hope to be back soon to see you all again.

Visited October 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great fresh food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I went for lunch and had a beautiful fresh and very authentic Greek salad with dips. Nice atmosphere - feels very Greek.

Visited February 2013
Delft, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
“Hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I planned to have pizza at the restaurant under the Haimi building, but found that to be way too crowded so we walked out again. When we looked around, we saw this cosy-looking restaurant, Enya, and decided to have dinner there instead. The best decision of the week :-) We loved the place: great atmosphere, very friendly host, great decor, good and fast service and... amazing food. We just loved it and should we go back to Addis, we'll definitely have dinner here again!

• Visited January 2013