“MANY CHOICES IN ADDIS BUT MOLLA IS THE BEST” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Molla Guest House

Molla Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Addis Ababa
Molla Guest House
2221 Cameroon Street | P.O.Box 12286, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia   |
Ranked #38 of 113 Addis Ababa B&B and Inns
“MANY CHOICES IN ADDIS BUT MOLLA IS THE BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

The lovely thing in Addis is you can choose between different places to stay. From 5 stars hotel 220US/d and down to a guest house with 20 US/d. just you had to make the right move and select why you need to stay there and how you could get in and out at any convenient time. MOLLA is facing the main road which now becomes the heart of the city after BOLE road is closed for construction. Flower shop and Munich-German café are down stairs. We had chosen room no. 113 and stay for 4 days with handy price (75US/d) with fantastic bed & pillows, wide flat TV with many channels list. I cant say the breakfast is good as they offer two menu (egg or pancake) but it's good as the price still the same even you select room without meal. Some rooms are fit with Family as small kitchenette could help making a home made food. The staff is helpful and polite; we kept our baggage at reception when we traveled to Debre-Zeyit city.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms with street view windows.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Athens
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Seriously, I checked the reviews and I checked the site and everything seemed lovely! I was very happy with our choice. I had asked about a king size bed and I was told I would be given one, and that the room was spacious. Neither I believe was true. Forget about the bed - our room was small, tired (bathroom tiles broken), mattress krinky and not comfortable at all, and just now my husband told me there were spiders. Thank God he did not tell me at the time. Needless to say we left the next morning. We went to nazret for 2 days and then found a good price for a big hotel. I am fussy I admit, but seriously our room on the third floor was nothing like the rooms depicted in the site. For example there was not kitchen. The size of the room was like 10-12 square meters, without counting the bathroom. What can I say, I was disapointed.

The area was very near the airport. OK. The lady with whom I booked the room seemed very nice and was helpful. I did not try the breakfast as we had to leave very early. The guest house arranged for a taxi for 200 birr for the airport, way too much. The price is more like 50, certainly no more than 100 given it was night.

As I said, i was disapointed i really hoped that it would be nice as the other reviews suggested. Maybe it was our room.

Room Tip: Our room was on the thid floor but I do not remember the number.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Great value for money; wonderful people! One of the best deals in Addis! The staff are attentive and polite. The food is very good and fresh. Breakfast is especially good. The rooms are clean and kept that way. The location is convenient though but not quiet. Taxis pass by all day. It is within walking distance of the vibrant Chechnya area but safe.

• Stayed October 2012
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Especially for long stays I can recommend Molla Hotel, because every apartment is equipped with a small kitchen, balcony, bathroom with warm shower, wireless internet and breakfast. The interior is lovely and spotless. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights in the 2 bedroom suite and couldn't be more impressed. The staff was very helpful and the accomodations were tops. I'm sure there aren't many other places in Addis where you'll have a flat screen tv in your room. The furnishings were very modern and comfortable. There's a pizza place right next door if you're hungry too! My buddy stayed at the Sheraton and if I had to choose, I'd take Molla any day of the week. My room had the window facing the street, so it got a little chilly at night, but the covers were thick enough to negate the chill in the air. The price was good, not as good as it states on this site (I payed around $150 a night) but still very reasonable. Overall, a great experience.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

We arrived in Addis Ababa at 4 am and were advised to wait at the airport till 6 am when it would be daylight and the taxis would start operating.  The visa process was easy and efficient.  The ATM did not dispense any cash but we were able to change some money.  There is a simple coffee shop which was open and served excellent coffee.  The two hours passed by very quickly.
The Molla Guesthouse could not be closer to the airport.  One can walk there in about 15 minutes or less.  However, with luggage, it was a good idea to take a cab.  We received a warm welcome and were assigned a room facing the street.  At first we thought we would be bothered by the street noise but we slept well each night and our room on the second floor made for great people watching. The room was spacious, the bed comfortable, and the bathroom measured up to our standards.  There is a flat screen TV in the room and the guesthouse provides Free WiFi.  Breakfast is served in the room each morning and you have a choice of eggs, pancakes, waffles, coffee and fresh orange juice.
The Molla Guesthouse is located right above a German Bakery where you can get excellent coffee, croissants, and great burgers.  There are several Ethiopian restaurants nearby and the Edna Mall is a 10 minute walk where you will find an ATM, a movie theatre, and other restaurants.
Our first day in Addis happened to be a Sunday and we were fortunate that the manager of the guesthouse, Teddy, offered to take us on a short tour of the city.  It was a great introduction to Addis Ababa.
All in all we spent over a month in Addis and got to know the staff at the reception desk really well.  They are very professional and extremely helpful.  We would highly recommend the Molla Guesthouse.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room not facing the street.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I have stayed in Molla Guest House on several occassions and I would heartily recommend this family run property. It is more of a boutique hotel than a guest house and the hotel is beautifully maintained and clean with wooden floors and rugs. It is in a great location just under 1km from the Medhan-e-alam church with banks, shops and good cafes in the vicinity. The hotel provides complimentary internet access which actually works. The restuarant also serves great food which is cooked fresh and staff are always on hand to cater for special requests. There is a great family atmosphere in this hotel. They serve excellent authentic fresh ethiopian coffee on site too and staff are very friendly and approachable. Unusual for a hotel in Addis, each room has an exercise bike, a small fridge and cooker and a terrace to enjoy the pleasent evenings.

I had my reservation mixed up once and when i checked in I was informed that no rooms were available. The hotel manager, Tadile, immediately made arrangements for me to stay in one of the other hotels and made arrangements for my luggage to be moved. He also sent me a written apology which was very nice.

I would highly recommend this property and would be happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: Road facing rooms can be noisy. Ask for the middle rooms as they are more spacious.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Molla Guest House? Share your experiences!