“Excellent Home & Family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of GT Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Addis Ababa
GT Guest House
You added GT Guest House to your Saves list
Sierra Leone Street (Debreziet Road), | Beklo Bet, Coming From Meskel Square, Take a Right Turn Between Oromia Bank and Commerical Bank , Pass St. George Club Then Turn Left, Addis Ababa 21836, 1000, Ethiopia   |
Ranked #2 of 120 Addis Ababa B&B and Inns
Ottawa, Canada
“Excellent Home & Family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I had the opportunity to spend 3 lovely nights in this beautiful guest house. The hospitality started right from the Airport Pickup. Everything was perfect & wonderful. Cheching was so smooth and fast. Wide and clean rooms, comfortable beds. Breakfast was superp and variety was awsome! , service and hospitality was unmatchable. location is perfect and safe, very close to many shops, Banks, taxis, etc. decent quite and no disturbunce at all at all times.
We had an early checkin and late checkout. Ms Lewam and her staff provided us proffessional service and home hospitality.
Lewam I am very greatful for all that you provided to us during this short stay, i m really proud of you. I am looking for my next visit which will be probably by the end of this month.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I did like this place. I would wake up in the night, walk out onto the porch/balcony, and listen to the sounds. The food every morning was good and plentiful. Very short walking distance to bottled water, many banks, stores, foods, taxis (minibus). Very good location.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view plus you get a nice exercise and occasional breathlessness...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was in addis ababa for about a week and though I had been in Africa a lot, had not been in Ethiopia. I found this guest house, clean, comfortable, safe, friendly staff, big diverse breakfast every day. Lee the desk manager speaks very good english.The staff was acommodating to different schedule requests. It is not right near town center but can get there easily by taxi and maybe bus. But there are banks, supermarkets and restaurants close by. The only negative was that the room seemed much smaller that the pictures online but is was not a problem. I would stay there again if in Addis.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Califonria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I stayed 3 nights + a late checkout. I had a large room on the 1st floor with a shared living room, balcony & kitchen. I actually had the floor to myself as I was the only guest on the floor. Lee and her staff provided excellent service and information about sightseeing, taxis, places to get good Ethiopian coffee, etc. As other have pointed out, they serve a hot, rather large breakfast. If you're there on a Sunday, be sure to participate in the coffee ceremony.I can't say enough about how helpful, friendly and honest the staff were. One day when I went out I accidentally left my change purse with all my Ethiopian money inside in my room, out in the open. When I returned, all the money was still there. They even cleaned my muddy shoes before I went to the airport, at no charge though I offered to pay.
GT isn't centrally located in Addis. It's a good walk (20 min or so) to Meskel Sq where you can catch a taxi to the University or Piazza, a little pricy (80-150 birr)--be sure to bargain. I would definitely use GT again and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

The GT Guest House is an impressive place to stay in Addis. The facilities are great and the staff and management are very helpful. It is in an excellent location with easy access to banks, restaurants and supermarkets. Our family had a 3 bedroom apartment to ourselves which made for a wonderful stay. A great breakfast was served every morning which set us up for the day. I recommend it highly and look forward to staying there again. You would not regret making a booking in the GT Guest House.

Andrew

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Arcola, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I slept a couple of night in this small guest house during a transfer from Maputo to Rome.
My airplane was very late (3 hours) but as soon as I was able to exit the airport I saw them out waiting patiently for me.
Perfect pick up service!
The room are very nice, clean and they didn't complain even when I woke up too early!!
Thanks for everything!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
New Berlin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Four of us stayed at GT Guesthouse for three nights on the front end of our two week trip to Ethiopia and two nights on the return end. We had one entire floor of the Guesthouse, so it was very private for our family. It was wonderful to have Lee and her driver meet us at the airport our first morning, especially since our flight had been delayed for 10 hours out of Frankfurt. Every morning, we had a delicious, generous hot breakfast, served in our suite, along with a coffee ceremony in the courtyard the first morning of our arrival, and also a coffee ceremony in our suite our final morning in Addis Ababa. The staff was so very friendly, and accommodating to all of our needs, including arranging for travels around the city to various museums and restaurants that we wished to visit during both times of our stay. After spending time in Lalibela and Gonder, we truly felt a "coming home" feeling to be able to return to the GT Guesthouse. Lee also allowed us to leave an extra bag in their storage area while we were traveling, which was very appreciated. When we asked for recommendations to local restaurants and sites around the city, Lee willingly provided them.
We felt very welcomed and at home in this spacious and immaculate guesthouse. We would highly recommend the experience of staying here to anyone traveling to Addis Ababa. Staying here truly made our visit to Ethiopia more memorable, and we loved the special homelike atmosphere and the gracious hospitality provided by Lee, her staff, and her family.
The DeMoss Family of Wisconsin, USA

Room Tip: All three of the bedrooms in our suite were lovely!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to GT Guest House? Share your experiences!