“Nice, clean and convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aclana Lodge

Aclana Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Addis Ababa
Aclana Lodge
You added Aclana Lodge to your Saves list
Djibouti Street, Addis Ababa 21300-1000, Ethiopia   |
Ranked #21 of 120 Addis Ababa B&B and Inns
Axum
“Nice, clean and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have stayed on several occasions at the Aclana Lodge and always find it accommodating for our needs. The rooms are always well kept, clean and comfortable and the staff and owners are always very helpful and friendly. Good internet available most of the time and always a good breakfast if we don't leave to early! The only real negative for me is that they do not provide transport from the Airport and back which is provided by some of the other guest houses we have stayed at. Other than that, the Aclana Lodge is always one of my first choices when staying in Addis Ababa.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Athens
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed at Aclana Lodge during two weeks in June 2013. We decided to stay at the lodge because our friends had stayed there and they like it. The reason for the trip was to adopt our little daughter from Ethiopia. the trip as such was difficuly for me emotionally and physically. Emotionally becaused I was really stressed to prepare her documents and return safely to Greece. I missed my other kids terribly so it was a difficult time plus we had a new baby to take care. Physically because something I ate upset my stomach and this followed me through our stay. But despite the above , our stay at Aclana lodge was very good. The rooms were clean & spacious, maybe a bit worn but that did not bother me. They had a crib for our little one, and it suited us fine. The staff was really helpful , all of them really, from Netsanet the owner, to her parents and all the staff. Everyobdy was so attentive to our daughter which was very overwhelming and very comforting.

Breakfast was limited to 3-4 choices which were all I must admit very nice! Eggs, pankaces , cornflakes, bread, butter marmelade & coffee/tea, juice. No problem there, if if at the end i only ate the bread due to my stomach problems.

During the nights, we brought food from outside and we ate it in the dining room while the children slept upstairs. We were situated in the first floor, so we left the door open and we could sit in the dining room while we could still hear them. Mind you , the lodge did not have many guests as it was low season, and this is partly the reason we could do this.

WIFI was crucial to us, and in most cases it worked fine. Some skype connections were not very good but I suspect this was not Aclana's fault. Generally, our stay at Aclana was very pleasant, the location is very good and central and close to Enya's kitchen and MKs and Edna Mall and we even walked to Bole Road to Lime Cafe or other places.

Last but not least, again a mention of the wonderful staff, they were all very kind and always smiling and great with the kids! Netsanet, if you read this, Hanna and we are safely back and she is doing better every day!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I really enjoyed my time at the Lodge. Staff was amazing and the location is great. It is located very close to shopping and food services. I, particularly, liked the management team that does whatever it can to make your stay comfortable and attend to all your room/trip needs quickly. Rooms were very clean and internet connection was FREE, fast, and reliable. I would definitely stay there again. I was picked-up from the airport and and on the way to the Lodge, was given a short introduction to nearby food and entertainment locations before getting settled! A much needed mini tour to a total stranger to the country!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here for one night before heading for the north. My room was large, clean and quiet with a small kitchenette. The lady at reception was delightful and extremely helpful. I would defintely stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week in december 2012 & I was pleasantly satisfied with the service, the rate and finally the room. There is no restaurant at the lodge but they have free breakfast. It's located in the center of the city, walking distance to many restaurants. I will definitely stay here if I ever go back to ethiopia again.

• Stayed December 2012
Corona del Mar, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Stayed here for a week in late May. Clean, very large rooms with a small kitchenette. TV had many channels, clean room everyday, felt safe and secure. The staff was very responsive and nice. Great location although taxi cabs don't know it, but walking distance to a ton of things. Safe grounds and relatively quiet. Great breakfast included and stellar service.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor so you don't have to keep walking up. There's no elevator.