“Womderful Stay in April” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Afro Land Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Addis Ababa
Afro Land Lodge
Save Saved
You added Afro Land Lodge to your Saves list
Gabon Road | Bole, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia   |
Ranked #8 of 118 Addis Ababa B&B and Inns
Alexandria, Virginia
“Womderful Stay in April”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I booked my stay via e-mail from Virginia and was pleasantly surprised that Assefa replied to all of my messages inquring about room size, cost, etc. My son and I stayed at the Lodge for a week. Loved the daily breakfast items, including the fresh juices. Staff took good care of me when I fell ill after the third day. They checked in on me several times a day, brought me juices, ordered and paid for food from nearby restaurants and allowed me to pay them back at checkout. Our rooms were always clean and it was great to have fridge and microwave. The area is safe and lots of restaurants and shops within walking distance. Taxi cabs are on standby just around the corner, a bank also within walking distance for exchanging $$$. Everyone was courteous and friendly and I will especially remember Assefa and Yodit!

One suggestion for improvement is to install fans in the rooms (bedrooms and sitting room). I was able to open the windows but that just let in mosquitoes. A window screen may solve the latter problem.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed at Afroland Lodge for 2 weeks and it was wonderful. All of the staff are friendly, helpful and professional, the place is very clean, rooms are more than spacious, and the hotel is located in a very convenient location (for me). It's an excellent value and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed at Afro Lodge for 5 days while passing through Addis Ababa. Frankly, we were very pleasantly surprised at the high standard of Afro Land. It was what the other Tripadvisor reviews said it was, lovely large rooms, very clean, great staff, good security and a very filling breakfast served in the room and great value for money. We intend to stay on our next visit. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Good day,

We just recently stayed at the Afro Land Lodge on February 20th-March 1, 2013. Assefa, the manager of the lodge, was both friendly and knowledgeable, and it was a pleasure to chat with him each and every day. All the employees were extremely courteous and professional, from front reception to the housekeeping staff. When special requests were made, they promptly delivered and with a high level of quality. Our room was cleaned each and every day quite nicely, which made us feel like we were valued guests. In addition, the free morning breakfasts were delicious and there were great choices when you wanted to change your order if desired.

Of particular note were the security guards, who always had a smile on their faces, opened the door for us, called us a taxi when needed, and even walked us to a close by eatery one night when we weren't sure where it was. That was going over and beyond the call of duty and was very much appreciated!!

The only suggestion I would make to the lodge is to install a router on the 3rd floor (the only floor that doesn't have it) to enhance the wireless signal, as it was quite weak at times. This would be small investment and the pay off would be tremendous, as most people want to keep in contact with friends and family when abroad, and this would make it far easier.

A wonderful stay, full of great memories, and we will be sure to stay there when we go back to Africa in the coming weeks.

Cheers

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at Afroland for 3 days and I admit it was a lovely experience. Assefa is an amazing man. He waited for me at the airport after midnight and is a real professional man with his staff. The internet connection was truly reliable and this place makes you to be proud to be in Africa. Finding local eating places was equally great and my overal rating was excellent.

Unfortunately I could not go back for my last 30 hour stay in Addis since there was less flexibility for a 'free late check out' which I was offered at a nearby place. I decided not to 'twist' Assefa to offer a late check out for free though I think that kind of flexibility could have helped. One other thing that disturbed me were the prayers from the nearby mosque which came when I least expected and I was in real shock to hear. All the same, thanks Afroland.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Really nice hotel at a good location in Addis. The manager and reception girls are very friendly and willing to help you! Shuttle from airport is included. Rooms are very large and look like studio's complete with kitchen. Price/quality is really good. Breakfast is good as well!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Pattaya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The room was reasonably priced and was more or less a suite that consisted of a lounge room with TV and sofas and a small kitchenette; an en suite bathroom; and a separate bedroom.

Assefa, the manager, kindly picked me up at the airport; allowed me to check in and take a shower about 9:00 a.m.; arranged a brief taxi tour of Addis; and helped me sort out things with Ethiopian Airlines by phone. He also arranged a complimentary airport shuttle early the next morning.

On my request, he allowed me to stay in the comfortable lobby of the hotel during a 14 hour layover a week after my stay, rather than sit in the airport all day long. He also kindly gave me a ride to the airport for my departing flight at the end of my stay in Ethiopia.

His staff was also very helpful, recommending restaurants and banks, and sharing an adapter and the password to the wifi connection, even though I was not technically a guest at that point.

I highly recommend this hotel because of its cleanliness, the large rooms, the reasonable rates, and, above all, because of the manager and the staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Afro Land Lodge? Share your experiences!