“Great live music!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jupiter International Hotel

You added Jupiter International Hotel to your Saves list
Jupiter International Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Marshal Tito St. & Africa Avenue | Marshal Tito St. & Africa Avenue, Addis Ababa 110778, Ethiopia   |
Affiliate website
Offers & Announcements
$87 (USD)
Ranked #9 of 72 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Beirut, Lebanon
“Great live music!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed here last April. It was a very pleasant stay. The hotel staff were helpful (the guards kept saluting me and my colleagues every time we walked in!). The food in the restaurant is very good. A little pricey in comparison to Addis prices but tasty and still cheap nonetheless.

One of the most amazing things we found was the live music. On Thursdays they have various bands playing live music in the bar downstairs and it was very busy. A great atmosphere and vibe from musicians and guests. Other nights there was jazz playing in the bar and the atmosphere was generally very mellow and relaxing. Perfect if you need to catch-up on emails and don't want to sit in your room.

The room has a locked safe and all amenities. I found the room was a little small (cramped) but nothing too bad, and you can still get by without it really affecting you.

I would recommend this to anyone who needs to be located in central Addis.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel three times. This is a decent choice for a business hotel in Addis Ababa. The rooms are fine, and service is very good. It's close to most places one might need to go in Addis Ababa. The restaurant if OK. Some things that need improvement: the room service menu, which is just not as varied as the restaurant offerings. Also, the windows facing the street need to be replaced with soundproof ones because even on the upper floors the street noise can be disturbing. But overall this is a good hotel for the price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
akoraj, Manager at Jupiter International Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear valued guest, thank you for caring enough to offer your impressions of our Hotel. We are sorry that the noise from the street bothered you. We only wish you had mentioned it to us, so that we could have moved you to a room facing away from the street. We will work on the rooms facing the street. Thank you for your constructive suggestion.
Kampala, Uganda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I like this hotel. I first stayed here last year, when I wasn't too impressed, but since then there's been some investment in the rooms - which are very comfortable considering the hotel's price tag. The staff are extremely helpful and courteous. Wireless internet was fast and reliable, and the hotel's incredibly convenient for the airport. If there's one area that can be improved, it's the breakfast, where the quality of the beverages (tea, juice and even the coffee!) could be better. But otherwise, I have no hesitation in recommending it to other business or holiday travellers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
akoraj, Manager at Jupiter International Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Thank you, dear guest, for taking the time to offer your constructive comments. We will work harder to continuously improve our breakfast and other products and services of our Hotel, in order to make it an even better value for our guests. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Addis
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

most spaces, lobby, interiors remain same.

room this time got a standard one as deluxe was not available..however room was nice
innternet speed gd. with the cord: dint use wifi (as the speed last time was a lil slow)

decent lobby locals always keepinng dropping by since 10.00am to 10.00pm so never empty
had the regular fish sandwich taste and quality maintained.

breakfast not ver gd.
staff help full

Room Tip: request the desk while checkin they did upgarde me last two times, ut this times rooms were full so...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
akoraj, Manager at Jupiter International Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you ,dear guest, for the nice words about our Hotel at Bole. We are glad you enjoyed our fish sandwich. We will work hard to make your stay even more enjoyable on your next trip to Addis
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

If you need a business minded hotel in Addis, this is the place to go.Very efficient staff...
quite n cosy place after hectic days work...

Has a good lobby and excellent breakfast

Only disadvantage I found was not many good eating joints in walking distance from hotel

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest ,thank you for staying at our Hotel and thank you for taking the time to offer your positive comments, We hope to see you on your next trip to Ethiopia
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have stayed at Jupiter multiple times this year. It's a GREAT hotel in Addis comparing it to other hotels in the city.

Pros: The rooms are very spacious (including the standard room)! Since I usually stay in the room working all the time, this is a big plus for me. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, and has a nice desk and TV. There is also a lot of light in the room, both in the day as well as in the night (hotels in Ethiopia tend to be very dark). The staff is beyond friendly and helpful -- the best hotel staff I've seen around here!! The food is also very good and there is some good variety. And the breakfast, which is always my favorite part of the day, is delicious! There is a LOT of variety and they change it a little every day. The fresh juices are my favorite!!! I've only stayed at Jupiter in the Bole area because I prefer this area - it's a GREAT location where you can just walk around, right beside a mall with a good supermarket, and a few nice coffee shops. This hotel doesn't have a gym, so you get a voucher for a gym nearby, which isn't so good - the machines are old, is small and gets easily crowded. I haven't tried the gym in the other location because I am usually short on time, but they offer a free shuttle service there. I usually go to the Bole Rock gym which is a 10-min walk because there is a pool there and the gym is much better (a good option if you don't like the gym next door). Also, I haven't had any trouble with noise here, which is a big plus for a hotel in Addis.

Cons: There is wi-fi in the room which is a great pro, and is fairly fast for Ethiopian standards. However, it gets disconnected quite often (pretty much every day that I've been here it's happened). Because I have the EVDO, I use that instead, but if you rely on internet a lot, it can be a headache, and it get can expensive to keep using your own internet. They say it's a problem with the server, but I am not sure if that is correct because I've stayed at another hotel here for over 10 days (Addis Regency), and I never had any issue with the internet and it was MUCH faster!! I confess that I am being picky in adding this to the cons list, given that internet and telephone connection is still a general problem in Ethiopia, but given that I've experienced better connection before, I think they could improve this. Also, the hotel looks old, and it could use some repairs.

In sum, I highly recommend this hotel! If you're trying to decide between Jupiter and Harmony, DEFINITELY chose Jupiter - is MUCH better, plus is cheaper! :)

Room Tip: For Jupiter in the Bole area: If you're going to stay in the standard rooms, ask for the ones th...
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

There are two Jupier hotels in Addis and I've stayed in both. Rooms are OK but have great free wifi which isn't always common in other Addis hotels. Food is OK. No gym but you can use one nearby with a voucher.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
akoraj, Manager at Jupiter International Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear guest, thank you for taking the time to offer your observations about our Hotel. From your comment about the gym we can tell that you stayed at our Bole location where guests are issued vouchers to use the facility next door. If you find that to be inconvenient you are welcome to book your room at our Casanchis location where we have a fully equipped, certified gym with steam bath and sauna on premise.We look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to Addis

Been to Jupiter International Hotel? Share your experiences!