“2nd time same brach- bole rd.” 4 of 5 stars

Jupiter International Hotel - Bole
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Africa Avenue, Addis Ababa 110778, Ethiopia   |
Ranked #15 of 80 Hotels in Addis Ababa
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“2nd time same brach- bole rd.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

most spaces, lobby, interiors remain same.

room this time got a standard one as deluxe was not available..however room was nice
innternet speed gd. with the cord: dint use wifi (as the speed last time was a lil slow)

decent lobby locals always keepinng dropping by since 10.00am to 10.00pm so never empty
had the regular fish sandwich taste and quality maintained.

breakfast not ver gd.
staff help full

Room Tip: request the desk while checkin they did upgarde me last two times, ut this times rooms were full so...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
akoraj, Manager at Jupiter International Hotel - Bole, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you ,dear guest, for the nice words about our Hotel at Bole. We are glad you enjoyed our fish sandwich. We will work hard to make your stay even more enjoyable on your next trip to Addis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

If you need a business minded hotel in Addis, this is the place to go.Very efficient staff...
quite n cosy place after hectic days work...

Has a good lobby and excellent breakfast

Only disadvantage I found was not many good eating joints in walking distance from hotel

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest ,thank you for staying at our Hotel and thank you for taking the time to offer your positive comments, We hope to see you on your next trip to Ethiopia
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have stayed at Jupiter multiple times this year. It's a GREAT hotel in Addis comparing it to other hotels in the city.

Pros: The rooms are very spacious (including the standard room)! Since I usually stay in the room working all the time, this is a big plus for me. The rooms are very clean and comfortable, and has a nice desk and TV. There is also a lot of light in the room, both in the day as well as in the night (hotels in Ethiopia tend to be very dark). The staff is beyond friendly and helpful -- the best hotel staff I've seen around here!! The food is also very good and there is some good variety. And the breakfast, which is always my favorite part of the day, is delicious! There is a LOT of variety and they change it a little every day. The fresh juices are my favorite!!! I've only stayed at Jupiter in the Bole area because I prefer this area - it's a GREAT location where you can just walk around, right beside a mall with a good supermarket, and a few nice coffee shops. This hotel doesn't have a gym, so you get a voucher for a gym nearby, which isn't so good - the machines are old, is small and gets easily crowded. I haven't tried the gym in the other location because I am usually short on time, but they offer a free shuttle service there. I usually go to the Bole Rock gym which is a 10-min walk because there is a pool there and the gym is much better (a good option if you don't like the gym next door). Also, I haven't had any trouble with noise here, which is a big plus for a hotel in Addis.

Cons: There is wi-fi in the room which is a great pro, and is fairly fast for Ethiopian standards. However, it gets disconnected quite often (pretty much every day that I've been here it's happened). Because I have the EVDO, I use that instead, but if you rely on internet a lot, it can be a headache, and it get can expensive to keep using your own internet. They say it's a problem with the server, but I am not sure if that is correct because I've stayed at another hotel here for over 10 days (Addis Regency), and I never had any issue with the internet and it was MUCH faster!! I confess that I am being picky in adding this to the cons list, given that internet and telephone connection is still a general problem in Ethiopia, but given that I've experienced better connection before, I think they could improve this. Also, the hotel looks old, and it could use some repairs.

In sum, I highly recommend this hotel! If you're trying to decide between Jupiter and Harmony, DEFINITELY chose Jupiter - is MUCH better, plus is cheaper! :)

Room Tip: For Jupiter in the Bole area: If you're going to stay in the standard rooms, ask for the ones th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

I have come here with reference and have to say that this hotel is amazing.
I loved location, cleanless, room, breakfast, room service, bar, live music etc...
Lovely staff specially in the front desk.
There is no such bad thing to be shared to be honest. Grab this hotel and stay than you will appreciated and will thank to me.
Thank you very much for your kind hospitality and warmest

• Stayed September 2012
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Jupiter International have two branches, I stayed at Bole road, very close to Airport and Bole business district. Right from airport pick till drop I encounter highly energetic crew of jupiter. Rooms are very good standard with given tarrif. 24 hrs restaurant. With Asian and continental foods. Personally my favourite with no compaints at all.
Thanks !!

• Stayed June 2012
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I've been to Addis many times but this is my first time at the Jupiter. Rooms are clean and the staff is friendly.

Restaurant is good but not great. I still have to go out if I want a great meal. Prices are reasonable for the quality of the the food.

Internet is really fast, rooms are spacious, but the noise from the construction around is very distracting if you are trying to get any work done.

I'll stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Get rooms on higher floors and away from the main street. There is a bar on the ground floor which p...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was my 4th time in Addis Ababa but 1st time I stayed in this hotel. My friends recommended but I don't think I agree with them. Addis has nice weather throughout the year, but no AC didn't make me feel good. The noise from outside during the night made me sleep unwell for 3 nigths. The room was so big with living room, bed room, bathroom separated. Some rooms smaller though. Staffs were friendly. Wifi were working perfectly all over the places, including room and lobby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
akoraj, Manager at Jupiter International Hotel - Bole, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Donny, thank you for the nice words about the beautiful Addis weather, our spacious rooms, the fast free WI-Fi, and our friendly staff. We truly regret that you were uncomfortable without a/c. We only wish that you had informed our staff, so that we could have tried our utmost to make you more comfortable. We hope you will give us another opportunity to prove ourselves better than very average and worthy of your stay with us

Been to Jupiter International Hotel - Bole? Share your experiences!