“Good for breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Good for breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Keep it simple. Bacon and cheese omelette: lots of bacon, lots of cheese, filled the plate. Hash browns: yes and delicious.
Lots of room to sit and enjoy (and overhear the small-town scuttlebutt from the ladies at a nearby table!) Meanwhile the men exchange their own scuttlebutt on the picnic table outside. Quite an experience.

Longmont, Colorado
“A classic small town diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

My wife and I had an evening meal here while staying overnight at the Boulders Inn and Suites----which is an excellent motel. Walking into the diner is like a trip back in time. If you like upscale decor with upscale prices, go to Omaha. If you like good, basic, inexpensive food served at a "locals" diner this place is for you. Though the place was packed at 5:30, we sat at the last available booth and were immediately greeted and presented with a menu. The waitress arrived shortly, asked if we had any questions, took our order, and was off and running. I ordered a breaded tenderloin which included choice of potato ( I opted for french fries ), Texas toast, a trip to the small salad bar, a small dish of mixed veggies, and a real, honest to goodness chocolate malt made with real ice cream and so thick I could have tipped my glass upside down and not lost a drop. The tenderloin was excellent----lightly breaded, absolutely no gristle, and more than I could eat and with the malt cost an even $12. My wife had lightly breaded chicken strips with the same side dishes and ranked her meal as good, but not as good as my tenderloin. We also took a carryout piece of homemade cherry cheesecake ( excellent ) bringing our total bill for the meal to $22. The building appears to be a converted gas station and the interior is unremarkable, which contributes to the overall average rating, but the food was above average and very reasonably priced.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Perry, Iowa
“Need a larger belt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My wife and I have eaten here several times when visiting the Atlantic area. Every time the food has been great. And the prices won't break the bank either. The waitress we had the last time there was a card. She was giving everyone of her table a friendly kidding about one thing or another.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Missouri
“Good food, great prices and excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is one of those hole in the wall places that only the locals know about, but it is one that all the locals brag about. They have a bunch of excellent servers that are very friendly and fast to serve you. They have great prices on their menu and some very good lunch specials but they do not scrimp on their food portions. They have very good cinnamon rolls and they are only a dollar. I haven't eaten anything here in several visits that I would not order again. I have not personnally eaten breakfast here but I have heard they offer a great bargain with a lot of food for the money. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the area. My only complaint would be they are not very big so you may have to wait for a table but it is worth the wait.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mooresville, North Carolina
“One of the best pork tenderloins in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I prefer the breaded and others like the grilled. Both are awesome and a true Iowa staple. Left Atlantic not long after HS graduation but make a couple trips a year back to Atlantic. Over the years some of the good tenderloin joints have disappeared but others have popped up. West Side Diner is one I hope stays for my occasional trips back "home". Living on the East coast now and you cannot find a breaded loin anywhere in the country so it's become a treat when we do get them. I hear the other items on their menu are equally as good but I haven't made it past the loins. I'm hooked!

• Visited December 2012