“Case d'Hotes, Ouaga” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Case d'hotes

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ouagadougou
Case d'hotes
You added Case d'hotes to your Saves list
Quartier ouidi, Ouagadougou 01, Burkina Faso   |
Ranked #1 of 41 Ouagadougou B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona
“Case d'Hotes, Ouaga”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

A nice inexpensive bed-and-breakfast in a quiet neighborhood not far from the city center. The owner is friendly and helpful, and will cook dinner for your on request. However, there are only two rooms with private bathrooms and only one of them has A/C. I stayed in the room with A/C in early December and had the A/C on most of the day and night.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

I stayed two nights at this simple, but cozy bed-and-breakfast. I booked my room online. Alain, the owner, greeted me at the door along with his cute little daughter. He had arranged for me to be picked up at the Ouaga Airport, which I greatly appreciated.
Alain took me to my room on the second floor. It was a simple, clean room with a double bed, a large closet and a small table. The room had a ceiling fan, which I used on a “low” setting, and an air-conditioning unit, which I didn’t need to use. Alain told me that he decorated the rooms himself; they have an African motive.
I shared the clean bathroom (bring your own towel and soap) with guests from another room, but I never saw them, so I always had the bathroom to myself.
Breakfast is served on a large picnic table on the ground floor from 7 to 10 am. It was simple: bread, mango and papaya jam, butter, tea or coffee.
The young ladies who work at the case d’hotes were sweet and kind. I met them in the TV lounge and watched the news with them before retiring for the day.
Alain was very helpful in giving me directions to walking to the city center. In fact, I made my own little map, noting how many streets I crossed and where I turned right or left.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

This small bed and breakfast is well located in a quiet residential neighborhood not far from the center of town. The rooms are minimal but very clean and well kept; beds are comfortable. The dinners are delicious and provide a great opportunity to talk to Alain and meet other travelers. The wifi works well and there is a nice courtyard and rooftop patio to sit and relax. Overall a great place if you're looking for someplace less formal and more friendly than a hotel. (Note though that not all rooms have private bath. Most don't have AC, but the ceiling fans work well and I was very comfortable at night in December.)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
ghent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2009

Me and my sister took a trip throughout whole burkina Faso and it's for certain that are best stay was in the case d'hotes in Ouagadougou!
Alain, the owner, is a very friendly and cool guy and he gives you the comfort and privacy of your own home! We had dinner in the case d'hotes and it's been excellent and just like the rooms, it's not expensive! Also, the other guests are the same-minded individuals and we ended up getting to know lots of cool people!
My sister and me booked 2 nights there but ended up staying 5.
I totally recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

Nice place, clean, good cook! Alain is a very pleasant and helpfull guy who aims to make your stay comfortable. He speaks excellent french, but no english :-)
Quartier Ouidi is a decent residential quarter with all basics you need and access to the town centre either by taxi or scooter is about 10 minutes.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

Case d'Hotes is a wonderful find for lodging in Ouagadougou. I stayed for several weeks in June-July and found it both convenient and restful. Breakfast and dinner around a common table provided the possibility to meet other guests, all of whom were interesting. Meals were full of fresh vegetables, which I really appreciated. I was there for work, but I saw Alain offer much practical help to many tourists. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Been to Case d'hotes? Share your experiences!