“Pleasantly comforting and attentive.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chez Tess

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ouagadougou
Chez Tess
You added Chez Tess to your Saves list
Rue Liuli-Peende 809, Ouagadougou 9330, Burkina Faso   |
Ranked #2 of 41 Ouagadougou B&B and Inns
“Pleasantly comforting and attentive.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

After living in Burkina for a year I was anxious to find a good, reasonable hotel for my family to stay in when they came to visit me. I'm so grateful to have found Chez Tess. The staff and Tess did an amazing job welcoming us. The breakfast, the rooms, the availability of a car and the genuine kindness showed to us enhanced our family reunion and eased my worries. I highly recommend Chez Tess as the place to stay in Ouaga!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

It is not only about the beautiful garden or the excellent rooms, or the so nice african decoration... it is also about feeling at home far away from home. And how Tess and her staff take care of the customers. We were a small group of people coming from Argentina and we had some issues regarding our trip. Tess spent hours and hours helping us to solve every need, she's incredible!
If this is not enough, the day of my birthday she came with a present!
I love Chez Tess, I love Tess, Fernando and all her staff. If you're coming to Ouagadougou don't miss this place...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Golden, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My dad and I stayed at Chez Tess for 5 days and were entirely impressed with the bed and breakfast. It was a wonderful place to come back to and relax at the end of the day. The morning breakfast (served with great coffee) was delicious. Tess and staff were extremely helpful and friendly (and patient with our inability to speak French) and the rooms were clean! Next time I am in Ouaga, I will definitely be staying at Chez Tess again. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay in the city.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Stockholm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Chez Tess is a cute B&B in a very quiet area and very close to the city center. It is a small oasis with a beautiful and quiet garden. The staff is very friendly and will help you with all kinds of issues you need to resolve. The rooms are nicly decorated and have airconditioning and mosquito nets and free Wifi. You feel like being at home! This is the place to stay when visiting Ouagadougou!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We were a group of five who stayed at Chez Tess during the Fespaco, and all agree that our stay was one of the highlights of our trip. It was recommended to us by an expat who lived in Ouagadougou.

Fespaco is probably the busiest time in Ouaga, but Tess was very flexible and gracious when we changed our plans a few times just before arriving. Our numerous queries before the trip were handled promptly.

At the guest house, the staff were super-helpful and smilingly dealt with all our requests - be it for phone cards, or cold drinks or take away food.

The guesthouse is tastefully decorated and a lovely retreat from the heat and dust of Ouaga. It's not in the centre of town, and this was a bonus for us. The neighbourhood is very safe, not commercial, and it was interesting to see people going about their daily lives.

Chez Tess is a cozy and and quiet place, and we would recommend it highly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I was lucky to get the beautifully decorated bungalow.
Good wifi, sat-TV, hot shower, wonderful French breakfast served in the garden with great coffee, croissant, baguette and jam.
You can use a public fridge and purchase cheap drinks including ice cold beer any time.
Compared to other hotels in Ouagadougou Tess offers a great service at really low prices.

All employees are very friendly and helpful.
I was picked up at the airport.
The car with driver is available at very fair rates for city trips and beyond.

The Hotel is 2 minutes walk from 2 big and well known roads so it is easy to get there from downtown by taxi within few minutes.
The neighborhood is peaceful an relaxed. I was walking also in the night and felt very safe. The botanical park is just down the road and a great running track.

Tess is a wonderful host and has gathered a great team to create an oasis of tranquility.

• Stayed March 2013
Johannesburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I found out about Tess through Trip Advisor & my experience with Tess and her team started even before I left South Africa. I went to Ouaga to meet with my FestivalauDesert partners and also try experience Faspaco (the biggest African Film Festival). Not speaking English in Francophone Africa is a challenge. With the unbearable heat the best part of the trip was staying nights of the four at Tess Guest house. I loved my room and loung area and having two airconditioners plus an awesome patio overlooking her crafts shop open on request was a treat by itslef. The one downside is that it is a bit far in the heat to get to the centre of town BUT what a relief it is to find a clean out of town gem with global guests. On Ouagadougou itself the commmucation around tourism is non-existent (pathetic). Tess is Swedish and seems to offer the home-away from home experience. Thank you Tess I would reccommend your place anytime

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Chez Tess? Share your experiences!