“An independent gem” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Gaborone, South-East, Botswana
“An independent gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Love this restaurant. In a town full of South African chains, some better than others, Toyoker stands out as an independent outlet serving great sushi and other Japanese food. The service can be a little shaky at times and the wine list needs improving but there's no faulting the quality of the food - both in ingredients and preparation.

Visited April 2013

Gaborone, Botswana
“Good food - service needs work”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Like so many places in Gabs the staff can be disinterested and lack knowledge of the menu. The food more than makes up for this

Visited July 2012
“Acceptable food, poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

The food, when it arrived, was really only "acceptable" but the service was profoundly poor. It was a fairly frugal late lunchtime experience so our expectations were just for something swift and simple. This shouldn't have been TOO difficult as we were the ONLY CUSTOMERS there. Nevertheless the food arrived in the wrong order, my son finished his meal entirely before my appetisers had even arrived. Did I mention that were the ONLY CUSTOMERS there? My first two choices were eventually rejected as they didn't have them, leaving me a much reduced selection. I understand that the atmosphere might be different in the evening but I'm forced to ask: Does the air-con work in the evening because it wasn't working at lunchtime. Disappointing.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Robertson, South Africa
“Japanese Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

The food was very average and the service was abysmal. As with many restaurants in Gaborone there is little or no training of staff, and no visible management in the restaurant. There is a prevalent "They're only customers, why should we care..?" Extremely disappoining

Gaborone
“Very Pleasant Evening!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Went for a quiet dinner for 2 near the end of 2012 :)

We only had the sushi and we were very happy with the quality of the food. Everything was fresh and well prepared. I took the mention of the crispy pumpin and salmon mentioned in a previous review and it was so good we ordered another portion.

The beverage of choice was Hansa beer, it was cold served with a glass. I did however have to open the beers myself, but that was not the end of the world.

Our waitress was pleasant and smiling and the service was attentive.

*Aircon was operating which was great considering its a warm evening.
*Ample safe parking at Sebele Shopping centre.

I would definitely come back again :D

• Visited December 2012