“Terrible Customer Care” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lansmore Masa Square

You added Lansmore Masa Square to your Saves list
Lansmore Masa Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plot 54353, New CBD | Cnr Khama Crescent & Western Avenue, Gaborone, Botswana   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Gaborone
Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
“Terrible Customer Care”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was asked to attend a meeting in Gaborone and told that accommodation had been booked at paid for at the Lansmore Masa Square hotel. Before I left Cape Town, I called the hotel to verify that all was in place. They gave me a confirmation and so off I went. Was I shocked when I reached the hotel and only told, my room had been given out and that they had no rooms available. I was then referred to some lodge where I was forced to pay for the night unbudgeted for. Called them in the morning, the receptionist was not willing to send a driver for me saying check in is at 2pm. So I finally get back onlyto be told that their system was down and that it showed my room was occupied when in fact it was not. Seriously?

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Rupert E, General Manager at Lansmore Masa Square, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
I am so sorry to read your review on our hotel. It looks as though your booking was handled clumsily and this coupled to a drama with our property management system made for good reason to be annoyed with us. It is always disappointing to read a complaint on tripadvisor rather than hear if from the guest themselves but this notwithstanding I apologise sincerely for our failings.

Your experience, as this site alone will attest, is not typical of the standards we normally deliver and I am keen that you get to see us doing it right. To this end please contact me directly at the hotel when next you have cause to come to Gaborone. I would like to handle your reservation personally.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Port Louis, Mauritius
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I have visited Gaborone several times and have stayed in a number of hotels there. Lansmore hotel is a different place indeed. I was impressed by its modernity, from the condition of the building outside right to the rooms. I liked the room set-up which is very spacious with two sets of television, the other for viewing while in bed. The service staff were very friendly and attentive. Internet is free and very reliable also. There are several restaurants in the food court which forms part of the hotel complex and they offer a good variety of meals to choose from. This is very convenient for the busy business person.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Rupert E, General Manager at Lansmore Masa Square, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of Lansmore - I do hope you will be back soon
Phikwe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel ecstatic are very good. The rooms are clean and well maintained. The staff is professional and very polite.Management that supervises those behind the counter needs some improvement. Their customer service is wanting. They need to adopt the personal touch when dealing with their customers and not treat them like a sale.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review on your recent stay. I am disappointed you were not charmed by all you met amongst the team though I thank you for your feedback nonetheless.
I do hope you will be back
maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel lacks the charm of the Gaborone Sun but is welcome to have access to a more modern room. Quality of breakfast and room is that of a 3 star but in Gaborone it feels a bit higher. Would probably return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your largely positive feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry if breakfast disappointed you somewhat - we are always looking for ways to improve and take your feedback firmly on the chin.

I hope you will be back to see some improvements and please tell me personally if you do not
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Bu bizcation I mean the Lansmore fits into a new category of hotel that is not quite all business and not quite all vacanation...it caters very well to both categories of traveller. This is a new hotel in the city and built around a small square with shops and restuarants and bars which gives guests a good varierty of entertainment within a short walk. Free wifi is always a plus. Rooms are small but very well appointed with good quality linen, bedding and amenities. The mini-bar fridge was exteremely noisy but that switching it off did the trick so a minor issue. Room servive menu changes but is limited. definately worth a stay...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Rupert E, Manager at Lansmore Masa Square, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind feed back after your recent stay. I am so pleased that in the main your enjoyed your time with us; though my apologies for the noisy minibar!
Please come again soon
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have recently returned from a three night stay at the Lansmore Masa Square.

Having heard from several colleagues that accommodation in Gaborone is not typically too great, I was very satisfied with my stay.

The staff were exceptionally friendly (even the security staff). The room was spacious and clean and as such cannot find anything to complain about for the duration of my time in the hotel.

Having read previous reviews stating that Wi-Fi access was not good, I can state that I had no problem connecting and as such assume that any problems that were previously being experienced have been rectified.

If I had to return to Gaborone, I would certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review - I am so pleased you had a good time - since you stayed we have upgraded our WIFI again to 10MB during the day (Very fast for Gaborone) and 20MB in the evenings. I hope to welcome you back again soon.
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

New hotel (celebrated its 1 year anniversary while I was there) in the business district. Staff is extremely courteous, friendly and helpful. There was not a single request I had that was not met with a smile. Rooms are large and well appointed. When I arrived, the safe was not working, but was fixed in no more than 20 minutes. My team had delays both on arrival and on departure, yet the front desk was unfazed and all changes were handled with minimum fuss. The hotel offers free shuttle service to and from the airport, as well as concierge services (we arranged a great trip to Mokolodi with their help). Breakfast was a great spread, but even so, extra requests were accommodated without a single question.
On the down side: there is construction going on the south-east side, so rooms there are bound to be more noisy. Work starts at 7 AM and ends at 5 PM, so be aware of this, if you like to sleep late. (On the upside, they are moving so quickly, they will probably be done in a couple of months, and you will have another shopping center handy). The other thing is distance from anything else in the city - a vehicle is a must when staying there.
All things considered, it was however a great experience, and a hotel where I'd return anytime.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the SE side while construction of the new mall is underway.