“Great hotel in Gabs” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lansmore Masa Square

You added Lansmore Masa Square to your Saves list
Lansmore Masa Square
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plot 54353, New CBD | Cnr Khama Crescent & Western Avenue, Gaborone, Botswana   |
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Gaborone
New York City, New York
“Great hotel in Gabs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Staying in Gabs for business and LMS was the perfect choice. Very new, modern, comfortable, service is excellent, breakfast included and delicious, free wireless (yay!). Hopefully they'll get their gym up and running soon! Will stay here again when I return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Rupert E, General Manager at Lansmore Masa Square, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely review - we are all thrilled you liked the place and that you will be back. With warm regards

Rupert Elliott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The ratings from the TA community prompted me to stay at the Lansmore, and I must say it was a very good experience indeed. While my room was a bit small, it was very well laid out and everything was very new and clean. The bathrobes were a nice touch and so were the low-fat nibbles in the mini-bar (sans any beer for some reason!)...The room also had a work desk (without a chair) and a table that seemed redundant - removing it would actually give one more space...

The folks at housekeeping were efficient and produced an Ironing board/Iron for me in under 5-minutes...Check-in and Check-out were also handled efficiently by the front desk staff who made everything very smooth.

Lansmore is linked to a mall via an open quadrangle - where you have a choice of two other restaurants: Capellos & Beef Baron Grill and Rib. So all told you have a pretty decent dining options. That said, the hotel's kitchen is no slouch...Breakfast was very good indeed. They turned out an egg-white omelette for me without any fuss and it was cooked to perfection.

I really hope Lansmore continues to deliver the level of service I experienced. The Gym not being operational was a bit of a let down, but I really hope they get it operational before my next visit in January!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your very kind report on our hotel. I am sorry we deprived you of a chair to sit and work at - very clumsy of us - but pleased you had a good time here as well as Masa Square itself.
With kind regards and thank you again

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I loved that the room was spacious and the bed comfortable. Plenty wall plugs in the room for those of us that travel with a lot of gadgets. Filter coffee with and the plunger a nice touch. Espretto had great cuppaccino. I'll be coming back...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Rupert E, General Manager at Lansmore Masa Square, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your kind review of the hotel - we are all so pleased you had a good time.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Centurion, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I was one of the first guests to stay in Lansmore Masa Square. and since then I went back I think about 7 or 8 times. I am also staying there for long visit 2 weeks or more. I think Gaborone needed this type of Hotel for a long time. Also the staff and Management is always helpful and friendly. Also willing to discuss Corporate rates!!

I do not think I will go elsewhere soon!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
How lovely to read your recent review of our place - how thrilling tot think we will be your home from home whilst in Gaborone.

With warm regards

Johannesburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed for a week as we were working in Gaborone. This hotel is new - a couple of teething problems - but overall good, clean rooms with ample working space, reasonable internet and dining options. The staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful.I was personally sorry that the gym was not yet operational as there are almost no other workout options.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Rupert E, General Manager at Lansmore Masa Square, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for your positive review of our place and your tolerance of our opening bugs - I am so sorry that you missed the gym - I am hoping to have it open early in the new year.

I am really thrilled that you found the team to be warm and friendly - that above all else means the most.

I do hope you will be back soon.

Kind regards

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I travel frequently to Botswana on business and I will probably stay here again. One of our party needed medical assistance and the staff was fast to arrange a doctor, solicitous and efficient. On the regular issues, I was very pleased with the quality of the rooms, public space and the food. Room service was fast and reasonable. The room was maintained well during our stay. Internet did not work, but this has been a constant problem at the Walmont Grand Palm as well. Only the Mondior seems to have consistent internet service. Staff was friendly, but waitstaff in the restaurant still somewhat inexperienced. Breakfast options good. Agree with the other reviewer on the problems with coffee/tea refills at breakfast, but this is a perennial problem. In over four years of business trips in Botswana, I have always had to ask repeatedly to get more coffee (at every hotel where I have stayed!) The coffee and tea provided in the room was good quality. Bed comfortable.

Room Tip: Do not stay near the elevator
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Rupert E, General Manager at Lansmore Masa Square, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for your generally positive review of the hotel - I am so pleased you had a good time though must apologise for some of the shortcomings you experienced. We are working hard to iron out some of the new hotel 'bugs' that beset us. I do hope we will see you here again soon.

kind regards

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed at the Lansmore in October 2012 and have to say that it is a very nice hotel. The rooms are spacious and the staff are friendly and very helpful. The hotel is brand new and they are still going through some growing pains as the aircon and TV in my room did not work. When i mentioned this to the reception staff they moved my into another room within 5 min, so that was great service. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Gabs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your objective review of our hotel - I am genuinely sorry for the shortcomings you encountered but pleased to see that overall you enjoyed the place and especially that you found the team friendly and helpful. Please do come again soon

Rupert Elliott

Been to Lansmore Masa Square? Share your experiences!