“Wonderful end to a miserable day” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Bucharest, Romania
“Wonderful end to a miserable day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We got there late, on the day we were supposed to leave, but our flight was cancelled. We kept the staff late, and they did not complain! Great steak, delicious cheesecake. And the best maitre d' I have ever seen (a lady): she was able to communicate with her staff just using her eyes!

Visited July 2013
Rupert E, Manager at Espretto, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review - I am pleased we perked up a difficult day. I do hope you will be back soon.

JHB
“T-Bone below par”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We had T-Bone for dinner and a few drinks. The T-Bone was extremely disappointing and far below par for beef standards in Botswana.

The choice of drinks for Brandy and Whisky etc. is limited to the expensive brands and therefore coming here for a few quiet one's after work is an expensive exercise.

Visited May 2013
Rupert E, General Manager at Espretto, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
I am sorry to read of your below par T Bone - I cannot tell whether you alerted the team to your disappointment, and they fixed it as they should have, or not. We offer a good selection of house pour spirits at competitive prices too. I am sorry if you did not find something to suit. Please make yourself known to me next time you come to the hotel/espretto. I would very much like to redeem the place personally. Your feedback, however hard to read, is appreciated nonetheless.

Kind regards

Rupert
Gaborone, Botswana
“Go for Coffee, Skip the Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Tried this place recently at the Masa Centre. They have some comfortable couch seating and good coffee drinks. We tried the chai latte and the iced caramel macchiato. They were pretty good. Unfortunately, we made the mistake of ordering food. The menu is quite small with only 8-10 options. We tried a chicken salad and the club sandwich. The food was fine. The problem was the wait. We had to ask to order. Unfortunately I did not time it but it was probably 35-45 minutes to get our food once we were finally able to order. Slow service is quite common here but this was excessively slow especially with limited customers and relatively simple menu items (salad and a sandwich). If trying this place, skip the food and just enjoy the coffee.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Rupert E, General Manager at Espretto, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your open and honest feedback. I am pleased there was much about the place you liked though you (and others) have identified that speed of service needs work. We are making some improvements to our training and some key positions in the team which I am confident will show a significant improvement. My apologies for the disappointment you encountered. It would be disastrous should our guests no longer choose to eat in Espretto and of course our job is to convince you that there is simply nowhere else you would rather be!

I hope you will be back and ask that you contact me personally with any feedback, good or bad.

With kind regards,

Rupert
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Daily Drinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Only pity about this place is that it is actually a coffee shop but has to double up as the lounge/pub of the Lansmore Hotel. Advantage though is that you can charge your drinks to the room. Good service from the team their. perhaps bigger range of beers??

Visited May 2013
Normandy
“Great Place to People Watch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is the coffee shop of the Lansmore Hotel, located in Masa Square, which is full of life with several other restaurants, a cinema and a small shopping mall.
Excellent staff, great cappuccinos,good selection of cold beer and great coffee shop food.

Visited April 2013