“Surprisingly good.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #56 of 94 Restaurants in Luanda
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A fine hotel restaurant, serving the very best of international and local cusine in a buffet setting.
Barrow-in-Furness
“Surprisingly good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I visited the hotel for a couple of days as a member of a conference team although I was staying elsewhere in the city. The restaurant is a large and open room and the tables are not cramped in, giving you plenty of room to manoeuvre.
I was wary of what food there would be for me to eat as I am regarded as a 'fussy' eater (no veg, rices or pasta for me thanks) but the selection on offer from the buffet tureens was fantastic. A bit of sirloin in bolognese, a bit of pork in mango sauce, plenty of potatoes...of course there was lots of choice that wasn't to my taste also but the starters options were plentiful and the array of desserts was just awesome.
If I had one tiny little criticism it would be that the cold drinks could be more readily available and served.
Having said that, even given the expense of eating just about anywhere in Luanda, I will certainly be trying to eat there again on my next business trip.

• Visited October 2011