“Do the full walk” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Victoria Falls (Mosi-Oa-Tunya)

Victoria Falls (Mosi-Oa-Tunya)
Near the Zambian/Zimbabwean border, Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe
Website
Improve this listing
Visit Victoria Falls (Mosi-Oa-Tunya) like an insider
Top Rated
$65*
and up
Zimbabwean Dinner, Dancing and Bongo Drums...
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: "The smoke that thunders" is a local name for Africa's most famous waterfall thundering over a 100m-high cliff.
Edmonton, Canada
45 attraction reviews
“Do the full walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We debated doing the full walk along the Zimbabwe side of the falls because it sounds a bit long, but we were glad that we did! It is not long at all. We stopped at all of the viewpoints. We went in late March when the water was high, and there was so much spray at some of the viewpoints that it was like a heavy rain. We rented double raincoats for each person. That was kind of hot but at least kept us dry (we didn't have a nearby hotel to go back to easily...we were staying in Livingstone Zambia). Next time, I'd walk through in my swimsuit. Brought a small waterproof camera which was great...you wouldn't want to pull your good camera out in drenching water like that. After the walk, which took over an hour due to lots of stopping and enjoying the falls, we had lunch at the restaurant at the entrance/exit to the falls, but wouldn't do that again. It was very slow (despite being not very crowded) and expensive. After returning our rainjackets we hired a nearby taxi to take us around to the old baobab tree, the craft market for some great handmade souvenirs, the post office to mail our postcards, the Victoria Falls Hotel to see the view of the falls (complete with beautiful rainbow!) from their terrace (that would have been a great spot for lunch or a beverage), and to the bridge (where we met our Livingstone-based taxi driver). We also did the full walk of the falls on the Zambia side and it was beautiful too, and worth the walk in the heavy spray. Enjoy!

• Polish first
Newbury, England, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
“So amazing, it made me cry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

It's been a while since I visited the Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe but I had to click on a month/year in order to post this. It was many years ago in fact, but I thought it was worth a review as it is, without a doubt, the most breathtaking sight I have ever witnessed. I have flown over the Grand Canyon in a helicopter, seen the Pyramids, Ephesus in Turkey, the Eiffel Tower and many other famous attractions but this force of nature actually made me cry, I was quite overwhelmed! We flew over the falls by helicopter (I hope the safety record is still good, the lady next to me weighed more than the two of us put together....) and that was amazing, we went White Water Rafting (we almost drowned so I wouldn't recommend that) but the following day, we walked from our hotel to the falls. We could hear the rumbling of the water crashing over the side from half a km away and when we finally got there, the sight stopped me in my tracks. Of course, we got soaked but it didn't matter, the sight of the water crashing over the sides was just incredible. I am not sure I would want to go back but I hope one day, my sons will see the Vic Falls. Quite simply, the most breathtaking thing I have ever seen!

Visited May 2012
Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo
“FASCINATING FALLS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

It was an absolute splendour to witness this great falls --from air on a Helicopter, from standing opposite of it & from a distance while cruising on Zambezi river. People are friendly, co-operative. Only sad part of the trip is it is unnecessarily costly--- Govt. should look into it.

missouri
25 attraction reviews
“wet and wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Take an umbrella besides a raincoat. Flip flops would be the best footwear. I was there in the rainy season. Truly the walk beside the falls was like standing in the rain. I took a helicopter ride over the falls and gorge which was great. My hotel also had a great view of the falls. I enjoyed the falls more from afar which was surprising.
The rainbows were amazing.
Issue for debate: I felt Iguazu falls was even more spectacular.
I have been fortunate enough to see both.

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“A must see!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Vic falls is one of the most amazing natural waterfall in the world! It is an absolute must to see. You can access the falls either from the Zimbabwean side or Zambian side of the boarder. There's also a lot of other stuff to do ie bungee jumping (for the crazy among us;)), elephant riding, surfing, walking with lions to name a few. Hotels in the area are well maintained (5 star). Best to go when it's not too hot ie March to about September.

Visited May 2012