“So amazing, it made me cry!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Victoria Falls (Mosi-Oa-Tunya)

Victoria Falls (Mosi-Oa-Tunya)
Book ahead on Viator
Top Rated
$65*
and up
Zimbabwean Dinner, Dancing and Bongo Drums...
More attraction details
Owner description: "The smoke that thunders" is a local name for Africa's most famous waterfall thundering over a 100m-high cliff.
Newbury, England, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“So amazing, it made me cry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

It's been a while since I visited the Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe but I had to click on a month/year in order to post this. It was many years ago in fact, but I thought it was worth a review as it is, without a doubt, the most breathtaking sight I have ever witnessed. I have flown over the Grand Canyon in a helicopter, seen the Pyramids, Ephesus in Turkey, the Eiffel Tower and many other famous attractions but this force of nature actually made me cry, I was quite overwhelmed! We flew over the falls by helicopter (I hope the safety record is still good, the lady next to me weighed more than the two of us put together....) and that was amazing, we went White Water Rafting (we almost drowned so I wouldn't recommend that) but the following day, we walked from our hotel to the falls. We could hear the rumbling of the water crashing over the side from half a km away and when we finally got there, the sight stopped me in my tracks. Of course, we got soaked but it didn't matter, the sight of the water crashing over the sides was just incredible. I am not sure I would want to go back but I hope one day, my sons will see the Vic Falls. Quite simply, the most breathtaking thing I have ever seen!

Visited May 2012

• Polish first
Goma, Democratic Republic of the Congo
“FASCINATING FALLS”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

It was an absolute splendour to witness this great falls --from air on a Helicopter, from standing opposite of it & from a distance while cruising on Zambezi river. People are friendly, co-operative. Only sad part of the trip is it is unnecessarily costly--- Govt. should look into it.

Visited March 2013
missouri
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“wet and wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Take an umbrella besides a raincoat. Flip flops would be the best footwear. I was there in the rainy season. Truly the walk beside the falls was like standing in the rain. I took a helicopter ride over the falls and gorge which was great. My hotel also had a great view of the falls. I enjoyed the falls more from afar which was surprising.
The rainbows were amazing.
Issue for debate: I felt Iguazu falls was even more spectacular.
I have been fortunate enough to see both.

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“A must see!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Vic falls is one of the most amazing natural waterfall in the world! It is an absolute must to see. You can access the falls either from the Zimbabwean side or Zambian side of the boarder. There's also a lot of other stuff to do ie bungee jumping (for the crazy among us;)), elephant riding, surfing, walking with lions to name a few. Hotels in the area are well maintained (5 star). Best to go when it's not too hot ie March to about September.

Visited May 2012
Eagan, Minnesota
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Make sure you take in the entire Falls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Victoria Falls was an incredible experience. We hired a guide who gave us a tour of the Falls from the Zambia side. It was nice to get the history and facts on the Falls from our tour guide. You can certainly do it on your own though. We wanted to see the Falls from the Zimbabwe side but every guide book told us not to do it. Our ranger on our safari said to ignore the guidebooks and see the entire Falls. I am so glad we took his advice. If you only see the Falls from the Zambia side, you only see 1/3 of the Falls and the Falls are much more impressive from the Zimbabwe side. It was easy to get there too. We just walked across the Zambezi bridge, went through customs, purchased a visa (process was easy and cost around $40/person I think - purchase the one that allows you to get in and out), and then a short walk to the entrance. We were there in August and the Falls were close to their lowest flow, but you still want a raincoat to fully enjoy it. We rented a raincoat right outside the park entrance (about $8/each) and it was well worth it. You end up back at the entrance so you can return your raincoat. We were able to stand out on the viewing areas because we had our raincoats on. It was an awesome experience and one I will never forget.

Visited August 2012