We stayed here for three nights in October and I thought the lodge itself was really nice. It had great views of the watering hole, a nice swimming pool (although small) with nice lounge chairs. The patio and restaurant were lovely. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I guess the rooms are considered rustic which some people might like. My husband thought the room was great, had a real safari, african feel. Now I know that I am in Zimbabwe but I don't like bugs. There was mosquito netting around the bed but the net was not tight to the top of the posts so if you had the light on and were reading, they came in from the top. Not too bad though, there was bug spray in the room. I really hate spiders and saw a few of those. One fairly large one was on the inside of my netting when I woke up one morning. This is not the hotels fault, as after all , like I said, we are in a tropical hot country. Other than the spiders, I thought the hotel was nice, and clean. I don't know if I would stay here again. I prefer the hotels that do not have thatched roofs for obvious reasons. If bugs and spiders don't bother you, then I think this would be a great place to stay.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Falls Safari Hotel Victoria Falls
- Victoria Falls Safari Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The superb Victoria Falls Safari Lodge is the destination of choice at the Natural Wonder of the Victoria Falls. Just four kilometers from the thundering splendor of Victoria Falls and the spectacular Zambezi River, the lodge sits high on a plateau bordering the Zambezi National Park. The lodge is created to give the impression of an open-plan tree-house, built on seven levels rising above the pristine gusu bushveld and offering guests views of brilliant sunsets. The resort’s focal feature is a central waterhole which attracts an endless parade of wildlife all year round.Voted Zimbabwe’s Best Safari Lodge of the Year for 16 consecutive years by the Association of Zimbabwe Travel Agents (AZTA), and boasting two of the country’s top restaurants, The Boma – Place of Eating and the a la carte MaKuwa-Kuwa, Victoria Falls Safari Lodge is a proud Zimbabwean icon and is the flagship property of the regional hospitality group, Africa Albida Tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Victoria Falls Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.