We just returned from a Smarttours trip to South Africa. This was our final hotel-3 nights outside small town of Victoria Falls, in close proximity to falls themselves, and about an hour from Chobe National Park in neighboring Batswana, which we visited during our visit. Very nice setting. Most rooms have view of watering hole. Not an abundance of animals to view there since there has been plenty of rain and water is abundant. We did see kudu and pretty birds. Restaurant has view of watering hole as well. We ate dinner there all 3 night. Plentiful breakfast buffet served there. Wide variety of cold items and hot items ordered from menu-including made to.order omelets and eggs. I had benedict like dish with poached eggs and spinach. We saw several monkeys on the property up close and personal, including one who stole my banana right off the table our last morning. Turn down service in rooms included putting down mosquito netting around the bed-felt like we were in the movies! We were never bothered by mosquitoes but did discover several dead winged insects in bathroom last 2 mornings. Our last evening the room attendant gave us a small gift of 2 beaded animals. We were provided with 2 bottles of water each evening.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Falls Safari Hotel Victoria Falls
- Victoria Falls Safari Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The superb Victoria Falls Safari Lodge is the destination of choice at the Natural Wonder of the Victoria Falls. Just four kilometers from the thundering splendor of Victoria Falls and the spectacular Zambezi River, the lodge sits high on a plateau bordering the Zambezi National Park. The lodge is created to give the impression of an open-plan tree-house, built on seven levels rising above the pristine gusu bushveld and offering guests views of brilliant sunsets. The resort’s focal feature is a central waterhole which attracts an endless parade of wildlife all year round.Voted Zimbabwe’s Best Safari Lodge of the Year for 16 consecutive years by the Association of Zimbabwe Travel Agents (AZTA), and boasting two of the country’s top restaurants, The Boma – Place of Eating and the a la carte MaKuwa-Kuwa, Victoria Falls Safari Lodge is a proud Zimbabwean icon and is the flagship property of the regional hospitality group, Africa Albida Tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Tingo, Otel and Travelocity so you can book your Victoria Falls Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.