We checked in at the lodge on the 19th December 2012 and we were welcomed by the cheerful Zimbabwean smiles, a glass of cold drink and a wet hand towel to cool off from the heat of the day. The receptionist was quick to check us in and we were settled in within 10minutes of our arrival….wonderful surprise considering some of the negative reviews posted on trip advisor. Our stay was none other than phenomenal to say the least. We went to the Boma which is a restaurant within walking distance and prides itself of serving wild game meat (warthog, eland etc) on the buffet menu along with roast pig and a variety of other Zimbabwean foods. The drum-beat performance was interactive, entertaining and much needed after a delicious feast.
Although the rooms felt a tad-bit old they were very comfortable and provided a sense of “African adventure”. We had a suite with a great view of the watering hole (I think all the rooms have a fairly decent view of it). It had an ensuite bedroom upstairs and a lounging room downstairs. The monkeys were not as problematic..phew thank God. Makuwa Kuwa restaurant served mouth-watering meals, I ordered a pumba dinner on the first night which comprised of warthog and veggies, can’t remember the rest…., the wife ordered crocodile curry… very pleasant.
We did not have any significant internet access issues despite the less than encouraging reviews posted. All in all the stay was a pleasurable 5 days; however the only minor complaint we have was a misunderstanding regarding the massage bill. It was charged to another room, and unfortunately we didn’t realize it on the day we checked out. Wiring that money is an inconvenience, but we were pleased with the massage service and will find a way to pay what we owe. Moral of the story: check your bills on check out and make sure all activities and meals have been applied correctly.
No Fitness center in the complex but VFSL clients can go to the Elephant hills. I do not recommend it as the facility is below standard.
- Also Known As:
- Victoria Falls Safari Hotel Victoria Falls
- Victoria Falls Safari Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The superb Victoria Falls Safari Lodge is the destination of choice at the Natural Wonder of the Victoria Falls. Just four kilometers from the thundering splendor of Victoria Falls and the spectacular Zambezi River, the lodge sits high on a plateau bordering the Zambezi National Park. The lodge is created to give the impression of an open-plan tree-house, built on seven levels rising above the pristine gusu bushveld and offering guests views of brilliant sunsets. The resort’s focal feature is a central waterhole which attracts an endless parade of wildlife all year round.Voted Zimbabwe’s Best Safari Lodge of the Year for 16 consecutive years by the Association of Zimbabwe Travel Agents (AZTA), and boasting two of the country’s top restaurants, The Boma – Place of Eating and the a la carte MaKuwa-Kuwa, Victoria Falls Safari Lodge is a proud Zimbabwean icon and is the flagship property of the regional hospitality group, Africa Albida Tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Victoria Falls Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.