Good: Staff Friendly (even though you spot hear about their own sadness and disillusionment with the place) ; Game Drive guy very knowledgeable, Lovely setting in the environment – dam lovely, game drives nice
- The place does not meet expectations – it is neither 4 or 5 star (maybe 3 star?)
- The rooms: linen is very outdated and looks dirty (the blanket in the room led to both my husband and I being itchy – perhaps a wash or checking it out would help)
- The towels in the room are dirty and outdated (discoloured, thin and old)
- The net on the bed in our room has stains that almost look like dry blood (as well as holes), the curtains in room have holes
- Appreciate we are in nature but dead spiders which were there in room on check in are still there on check out
- I was not even comfortable to wipe my face with towels provided – it would cost the lodge one couple staying a weekend to replace towels in the bedrooms of whole lodge (but not they do not seem to care about this as long as they get their $300 a night rate)
- The pool towels are equally disgusting
- The food is terrible – breakfast is very poor. Food was always cold. The dry eggs sitting in the chuffing pots at breakfast was inedible. The food was appalling in summary. Very blend
- The supper was always cold as well. The menu need to be revisited
- The beds are old and hard – the pillows are not matching to what is promised. A firm or alteast reasonably comfortable pillow would make one’s stay so much better
- In the absence of electricity and using the generator the Lodge has 'lights out' at 10:30pm and you can't read a book!
Having stayed in a number of places in Zimbabwe: Leopard Rock, Troutbeck Inn, Stanley, Miekels Hotel, Bronte this (Pamuzinda) was undoubtedly the worst place in terms of value for money and overall experience. The place, with all due respect, is riding on the scenery to attract people but cares less about their comfort and experience. It almost leads one to think that owners are more focused on short term gain than long term sustainability of such gains. At $300 a night for couple the above comments should not be part of a guest’s feedback.
I do wish the other guests who were as disgruntled during our stay could also share their experiences. Maybe that will drive the Lodge to consider what they are offering the guests.
- Also Known As:
- Pamuzinda Hotel Harare