“Loved it!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kia Ora Lodge

You added Kia Ora Lodge to your Saves list
Kia Ora Lodge
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   60 Knightsbridge Road | Highlands, Harare, Zimbabwe   |
Ranked #10 of 37 Harare B&B and Inns
“Loved it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Great place to stay in in Harare. Secluded and set in lush surroundings. Props to Vongai who made my stay so hospitable and went the extra mile to ensure my comfort. Would definitely be back if I am in the capital again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Kia Ora Lodge K, Guest Relations Manager at Kia Ora Lodge, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Nomthandazo J

Thank you so much for reviewing us, we greatly appreciate your feedback.Its always a great honour and pleasure hosting you at Kia Ora lodge.

Vongai

Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This place was recommended to me from a work colleague in Harare. I was looking for a quiet, yet comfortable place to stay during my business stay. However, I wanted a place minus the "business" atmosphere. Kia Ora is set among a quiet suburb. Surrounded by a lush green garden. It was lovely to wake up to the birds chirping in the morning and to go to sleep with the crickets serenade in the evening. My room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom also had a bathtub along with a shower and was generously spacious. Ample towels of varying sizes were provided. I could have done away with bringing my own toiletries as the lodge provided a nice sample of bath soaps, creams, etc for use. The bed was clean and very comfortable. Although the lodge offers two varieties of pillows to sleep with,I did find either of the pillows much to thick to sleep comfortably with. The staff were amazingly attentative, I give special praise to Vongai, who was very attentive and eager to ensure that my stay was not only comfortable, but enjoyable. She helped in making arrangements from doing a take away Lunch to dinner on request at the hotel and for the nights I wanted to go out recommendations to reputable local restaurants. She ensured that I was taken cared of in terms to local transport (taxi to and from Harare, to airport, etc), and went above and beyond to helping to make arrangements for hair care while at the lodge. Wi-Fi at this hotel was excellent, however, the amount of size allotted for internet browsing was not alot, so time would expire very quickly on the internet. However, the hotel was quick to find a solution that could work to allow me for more interrupted use of the Wi-Fi. A few times I was able to use the pool, which was well taken cared of. There are even lights in the pool if one wishes to do a bit of night time swimming, upon request of the staff. Overall, my stay at the Kia Lodge was extremely enjoyable. After a long hard day of work, it was nice to arrive to an oasis of greenery, friendly faces and comfortable clean rooms.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ninky 76

Thank you for taking your valuable time to give us feedback regarding your stay with us.We are glad to know that you really relaxed and at the same time extremely enjoying your stay.It was a great pleasure hosting you and we assure you the best service all the time.

Blantyre
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My family and i drove from malawi to Zimbabwe in one day, by the time we arrived in Zimbabwe we were shattered,Driving through Tete, Mozambique, was horrendously hot! We just wanted a nice clean place to stay. We first wenta to Cresta Lodge, they were fully booked and thier prices were over 200USD for a standard room, i also saw there were renovating, of which was needed so i opted to to look for another place. Thanks to google maps and trip advisor collaborating i got the three next closets places. Kia Ora was the next stop! We had already had a taste of Zimbabawe's Prices (twice as much as Malawi, and malawi is already twice as much as south Africa!) So Hoping the next place would be just a decent as cresta we came to Kia Ora! We were Welcomed by the Owner and she gave us a welcomeing juice and was very accommodating, Hospitable, understanding and warm. We said we sould stay the one night and see where we could get another bargain for the next day, we soon realised that she was the best and we stayed there for the rest of your stay. The room were very clean and very executive. We felt like royalty! The breakfast was lovely. We had a swim, my three old son loved his stay there. He really felt at home and the staff were very inviting even when he walked in thier kitchen! He walked around like he owned the place! Next time i would not Hesistate to stay at Kia Ora. I really was at peace. I wish we knew that dinner and lunch were served on request, i would have loved to try their food out, wine and dine! i know they would have made us feel special. Thank you to Vongai, you really made us feel safe and cared for.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Malawian Hospitality

Thank you so much for taking your precious time to give us feedback regarding your stay.We are all glad to hear that you felt at home as it is our single objective to satisfy your needs.It was indeed a great pleasure hosting you.

Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have been delighted to be at this Hotel - it is quite serene, lovely and quiet for accommodation and rest. It has wonderful hospitality gestures from any of the staff one would come across very professional and passionate bout customer service. Although it was my first time in Harare, I felt very much at home and thought I should have stayed a little longer. I am hoping to be back at the next available opportunity in Harare and I would also recommend to any one seeking a place of quiet and comfort. I extend my regards to the management and staff for the professionalism exhibited.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Fxochieng

Thank you for taking your valuable time to give us feedback regarding your stay with us.We as a team are glad to hear that you experienced wonderful hospitality at Kia Ora lodge.On behalf of Management and staff we would like to thank you and assuring you the best service all the time.

Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

The services are excellent and meet international standards. It is accessible. Everything is comfortable. Employees are friendly, ready, willing to serve and possess good customer care. Services by Vongai are admirable. The chef goes extra mile in preparing dishes.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear John J

Thank you so much for you valuable feedback,management and staff greatly appreciate as it is our single objective to satisfy you all the time.It is always a pleasure hosting you at Kia Ora lodge.

Masvingo, Zimbabwe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have travelled Southern Africa fairly extensively and can safely say that this is amongst the best I have had the pleasure of staying at. The staff are really friendly, from the security guard right through to the owner herself, all will go out of their way to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
The rooms are exquisite and give hotels with ten times the rates a run for their money (Sun International watch out)
Easily my favorite stay in Harare

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ryan Reyneke

Thank you so much for choosing Kia Ora lodge to be your lodging of choice in Harare, management and staff greatly appreciate your valuable feedback.Assuring you a home away from home experience all the time.

Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at Kia Ora on July 9 and 10, 2013 and I must say I don't remember having experienced such warm, cheerful and attentive service any where else. Vongai, in particular, was outstanding - she is the face of the lodge - friendly, efficient and extremely helpful. The rooms are nicely furnished, the gardens are beautiful and the food is simple, fresh and tasty. I particularly enjoyed the freshly baked croissants at breakfast. I would most definitely return.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Wang Kinoti

Thank you so much for reviewing us, we greatly appreciate your feedback.We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the croissants during your breakfast.It was indeed a pleasure hosting you at Kia Ora lodge and we assure you the best service all the time.

Vongai

Been to Kia Ora Lodge? Share your experiences!