“Good hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Harare
nasik
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

A decent hotel, with caring and greeting staff. Its located near the Harare Park, so the location is also good, with plenty of eat outs near by. You can try the Pizza, or chicken burgers. The rooms I felt were a bit small, but still pretty much manageable. The internet was fast, which is very important for business travelers. One problem I faced, was that the room I was given has a shared door with adjacent door, And the two occupants of the adjacent room were very noisy. However on my request the management was kind enough to change it immediately for me. Overall a good experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Cary_0706, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotels Harare - Monomotapa, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear bizztrvl (nasik)

Thank you for the positive feedback we greatly appreciate it. We apologise for the inconvenience you faced at the hotel and we are happy that our management team was able to be of assistance to you which we believe made it comfortable for your stay. We thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to your stay with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Turkish first
Nairobi, Kenya
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I am a budget conscience consultant who travels throughout Africa for business. The staff is wonderful, but I felt sorry for them for not being able to address a few issues I had. But, I would like to start with the positives: again, the staff are fantastic, there are 3 restaurants with varied menus and price points, rooms come equipped with an iron (although I didn't have an ironing board), and pants press machine, the bed was extremely comfortable - all very convenient for a business traveler. I did not have the opportunity to use the gym or swimming pool. Also, other reviews referenced the noise from the nearby park. My room was facing the park and there were activities going on while I was there.

On the other hand, while the hotel advertises that each room has its own temperature control system, this is not true. For anyone who like a cool, crisp room, the Crowne Plaza falls short - my room was an average of 27 degrees (80 F) for the 4 nights I was there which, was uncomfortable for me. The towels are smaller than the average bath towel and the plumbing is noisy (you can hear when other guests were taking showers). The internet was not available for several hours on a Saturday which was extremely inconvenient. Also, as I try to make small efforts towards conservation, I was disappointed that the hotel provided a local newspaper to every guest - I would suggest they enquire on check in if the guest would like to receive a copy of the newspaper.

All-in-all, I could overlook the small inconveniences except for the temperature in the room.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Cary_0706, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotels Harare - Monomotapa, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Barbara H

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to know that you found our staff friendly, our menu that had varied items to choose from. We are also glad to know that you found our beds extremely comfortable.
However we apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced at the hotel, namely our air conditioning, plumbing and internet. We would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and we believe you have given us the opportunity to recover. We have taken these issues seriously and they will be dealt with by management. We sincerely apologize for this and we hope you will give us the opportunity to recover on your next visit to Harare.
Once again we thank you for your feedback.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is a decent hotel for business and pleasure. It has good rooms, comfortable beds and very warm and friendly typical Zimbabwean service. Although the fittings and finishing a in the hotel are rather old, they are all in decent condition and everything worked. Will definitely go back.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Cary_0706, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotels Harare - Monomotapa, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Rob_DM
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel, and we are pleased to know that the hotel managed to cater for your business and pleasure visit. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. We are happy to know that you will visit us again and we would be looking forward to have you on your next visit. Once again we are very grateful for you taking the time to review us.
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I had a pleasant and comfortable stay at this hotel. The hotel staff were friendly and offered excellent service. Rooms are clean and were replenished with amenities daily. Breakfast was delicious, there's a large variety to chose from. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Cary_0706, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotels Harare - Monomotapa, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Rachel M

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences online it means a lot to us and the staff. We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us; our staff provided you with excellent service and was very friendly. I will be sure to share your feedback with the entire team. They love knowing that guests appreciate their service. We hope to see you again soon.

Regards
Carol Chirairo
Roodepoort, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

The hotel is in need of an upgrade of its facilities. We booked five rooms and in three of us complained about non-functioning air conditioners. I was later moved to another room where my experience was slightly better.
However, what the hotel lacks in modern and renovated facilities, it makes up in the staff. The staff was eager to serve, very friendly and prepared to accommodate individual requests. I was very pleased with the service by the front-desk staff, the cleaning staff, the waiter staff and the security guards.
The hotel offers free wi-fi , but the service was somewhat unreliable. I was disappointed when I realised that the coffee in the room is not Zimbabwean coffee, but was assured that the coffee in all the restaurants is indeed real Zimbabwean coffee. The meals served in the Parkview Brasserie was tasty and the restaurant offered a wide variety buffet.
If you are looking for a good hotel supported by an international brand, with acceptable facilities, and great staff, then this hotel is recommended.

Room Tip: Make doubly sure the aircon works before you unpack - to make it easier if you need to move.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotels Harare - Monomotapa, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear ADavis1977,

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. We certainly apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

We are pleased that our staff was able to off set any displeasure with great service. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to write your review. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Gurgaon, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

The hotel is really good. The staff is really very helpful. i had my flight in afternoon around 4 but the hotel staff allowed me to keep the room after checkout and didn't charge for that. Hotel is located at nice location. Art gallery nearby. Avon Dale market too is close (we walked). The restaurant is good and serves good food and drinks. o and Nice breakfast too. The staff was happy cooking vegetarian for me even though it was not a part of the buffet menu

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Cary_0706, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotels Harare - Monomotapa, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Anujjamwal

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza as your hotel of choice. I would like to thank you for the valuable feedback that you posted on Trip Advisor.

I find it delightful to note that you had a positive experience at Crowne Plaza.

We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Warm Regards

Carol.C
Cracow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Crown Plaza Hotel is located in the center of Harare with easy acces to all main places of interest in the city. The lady at the front desk was nice and firndly but the check-in process was very slow and took 45 min because they couldn't find our reservation made on ihg website. Our room was spacious and comfy with all facilities. The decor and was a bit outdated and tired, however it was clean. Nice view over the city and park. Free WiFi acces was offered. We didn't tray their breakfast because of the flight to Bulawayo next day early morning. Overall quite good experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Cracow Danang

Thank you for choosing to stay at Crowne Plaza Harare-Monomotapa and for your valuable feedback. It is pleasing to discover that you find our staff members to be friendly and hospitable.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused with the delayed check in process.

Once again i appreciate your feedback as it assists us in constantly improving our service.

Warm Regards

Carol.C
Guest Relations Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotels Harare - Monomotapa? Share your experiences!