“Convenient and friendly” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Phnom Penh
“Convenient and friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Location is very convenient when you do you evening grocery shopping in Borrowdale Village. Leonardo is a nice place, quite cosy and friendly. The food is reasonably priced but nothing special as far as I'm concerned. I went here several times and found the chicken liver periperi really nice, a bit creamy and a not too periperi but really nice. Had some pizza with salad in the middle - and it was OK but I wonder if they really have a proper woodfired pizza oven - the base looks and tastes like a pre-fab. Had a steak one time as well, it was nice but the recommendation is not to order the pepper sauce (3usd on top) as it tastes as if it comes from a package - very bland, too thick and tasteless. To give credit: the 3usd for the sauce was removed from my bill. All in all an OK place and a convenient location - definitely not a top-notch place in terms of cuisine but will be back once I have gotten used to Harare standards.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Zambia
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Service and food was excellent. Portions are very generous. Their prices are very reasonable.
There was eight of us and even our meals were placed correctly in front of us. It had a lovely atmosphere and did not even notice the waiters pouring wine in our glasses. Definitily the best steak in town.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Our favourite in Harare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We come on business every year, and when we are in Harare the first place that our colleagues and I suggest for dinner is Leonardo's. Their service is always excellent. I always order Sirloin steak and it's the best. I have had the Salmon and I must say I was not disapppinted. This evening the manager (or owner?) suggested the Fresh Mussels which I could not resist, the portion was very generous for a starter and it was a good thing I shared it. As long as business brings us here, we will always visit Leonardo's.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Harare
“Never disappointed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Has to have the best service in the country, the staff are very attentive and I have never had a bad meal here. A sure bet for a good meal with good service!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Les Molieres, France
“Very very deceiving food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

After a second try ( another chance to change or first opinion), the result is the same even worse. The so called pizza peri peri chicken has the Same taste as a barbecue chicken pizza, the pasta's : ravioli and pasta with seafood have either no taste or smell so bad... Honestly we have done a lot of italian restaurants and never have tasted such food.
Too bad, the place looks Nice, quiet and cosy...

• Visited May 2013