“Not worth the trip” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 99 Restaurants in Harare
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A place home from home with good portuguese food, and chicken cooked on the charcoal just like it should be.......
“Not worth the trip”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

In all of Harare's Portuguese restaurants this has to be the poorest. The food is just not up to standard and the atmosphere non existent. There is not even value for money. They need to improve if they wish to compete.

“bright Paula's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

it's a lovely place, the setting is brilliant. great food

paula c c, Owner at Paula's Place, responded to this review, October 20, 2014
So sorry about a very delayed response. Lost my password and got a new one recently....

Just wanted to say THANK-YOU for taking time to write a wonderful review about Paula's Place.
“Casual Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Peri-peri chicken and chips their signature dish - usually good but not always. Parking a problem and large interior sterile

paula c c, Owner at Paula's Place, responded to this review, October 20, 2014
Dear Lesley-Anne, my sincere apologies for a very over due response. I lost my password and only recently got a new one....

Thank you for your review with constructive criticism, which we appreciate and take seriously and hope we have mastered to maintain our standards consistent.....
Harare, Zimbabwe
“Portuguese Africa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

Harare is blessed with several great Portuguese African restruants. The latest offering, Paula's ticks all the boxes. Apart from a strange system of membership they serve all the usual favorites including the peri peri chicken and prawn dishes we all love. They will also prepare chickens for you to take home and cook. Book early and get there in time. Parking is good but limited and tables are numbered !. PS - Paula is always there so you are assured of personal service

paula c c, Owner at Paula's Place, responded to this review, October 20, 2014
So very sorry about my overdue response-I lost my password and only recently got a new one....

We just wanted to express our gratitude for taking time to write such a nice review. Many thanks-very much appreciated!!!!!
Bethesda
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Had a decent meal here. Service was very good, they had a decent selection of drinks and definitely had a good afro-portuguese atmosphere. I had the peri peri chicken and prawns (shrimp) combo, and the only thing that wasn't awesome was that my chicken was a little dry. I was the only one in a group of about 15 who had chicken that seemed like it just came out of the microwave, everyone's else's was great, not sure what was going on there. Anyways, all-in-all it was a good time, especially for a large group.

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
paula c c, Owner at Paula's Place, responded to this review, October 20, 2014
Dear Rick, firstly please accept my apologies for a very over due response. I had lost my password and only recently got another one.
We appreciate your review after being open for a short while. Sorry you were served a dry chicken, which should not have happened and in future, kindly call management as we will be only to happy to replace it. Our biggest satisfaction is knowing our patrons had a great meal all round....Once again many thanks!!