“Loved Serengeti Migration Camp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Serengeti Migration Camp

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Serengeti National Park
Serengeti Migration Camp
You added Serengeti Migration Camp to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Lodge   |   Northern Corridor, Serengeti National Park, Tanzania   |
San Francisco
“Loved Serengeti Migration Camp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

We did a 9 day luxury tented camp safari, staying at 4 different camps across our travels. This was hands down our favorite. When we arrived we had just completed a 10 hour game drive and were exhausted.

The beauty of the camp, service, rooms, sights and sounds made us relax immediately. So many create highlights: amazing server Julius who had a great voice, sense of humor, and style, beautiful top deck with great views of the sunet, personal welcome by owners who welcomed us and sat and had a drink with us, and of course the amazing rooms (which do not seem like a tent at all! A MUST VISIT!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

The migration camp was one of the "upgrades" we paid for during our safari. The grounds were beautiful and the rooms were nice, but I was disappointed in the level of customer service. We paid for a full safari and were told we had to wait for a driver to get there later that day (at 4pm), only to find out we could only go until 6pm. We also paid for lunch and were told last minute that it would not be provided. Management made no attempts to rectify either situation and didn't seem to care whether or not we enjoyed our stay.

It was a lovely camp aesthetically, I just don't think it's worth the additional money. We stayed at Sayari Camp a few nights before heading to migration camp and management there bent over backwards to ensure we have a great vacation. If you have the option, stay at Sayari Camp.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

I stayed at the Serengeti Migration lodge as my the final destination of my Skysafari with Elewana.
Elewana is most definitely the company to use for a Northern Circuit Safari. I booked this safari with the incredibly capable Essai group out of Arusha. Asif and his team attended to every detail and I must say that this entire trip was flawless. Every transfer, every accomodation, every flight was perfect. There was no waiting and wondering. I was picked up at my hotel in Arusha by Nelly. She sat with me and gave me a briefing of the Safari including beautiful souvenir maps of the locations I was to visit. I was then transferred to the airport where she personally escorted me to our private plane and off we went on our first leg of the adventure. After a brief flight in the luxurious IKI we landed in Tarangire National Park. We were greeted by our guide Alex who had set out a table with a white table cloth and refreshments. After a drink and a snack we set off on a game drive through Tarangire National Park. I was continually amazed at the depth of Alex's knowledge and his respect for the animals and the environment. He was a truly memorable guide. We stayed for two nights at the Treetops Lodge and enjoyed lovely dinners, entertainment, the pool, and a bit of world cup soccer. Our butler Justin attended to our every whim including delivering fresh hot coffee to my tent every morning. I was sorry to say good-bye to Alex and Treetops but we were on to the next adventure. Once again, we arrived at the airstrip and the plane was already waiting for us. We enjoyed a lovely picnic lunch and then flew to our next destination which was near Karatuu. Once again, we were greeted by a guide. This time it was Baracka. He took us to a traditional market in Karatuu and introduced us to the food and lifestyle of the locals. We then continued to the lodging which was The Manor at Ngorongoro. Wow!!! What a beautiful place and the hosts were so gracious. The food was spectacular and the "theatre" downstairs was perfect for watching World Cup in the evenings. Baracka took us on a tour of the Ngorongoro caldera where we saw cheetahs, lions, a black rhino etc etc...
The following day we stayed at the lodge to enjoy the facilities including horse back riding and the spa.
A third flight in our lovely plane delivered us to the Serengeti and our last guide Elly.
The Serengeti Migration Lodge is right next to the Grumeti River and its resident hippos. The hippos are noisy at night which is why I had to rate the sleep quality here at less than perfect. Don't get me wrong...a sleep interrupted by snorting hippos is pretty exciting!
Once again our every want and need was attended to by the exceptionally well trained staff.
I could go on and on and describe every detail but I think it is better to keep a few secrets so if you go you will be as pleasantly surprised as I was.
My last night and day was spent at the Arusha Coffee Lodge, yet another exceptional place to stay. My butler served my a fabulous breakfast on my private veranda and then arranged for a driver to take me shopping at the market before my flight to Zanzibar.
Asif from Essai (Elegantsafariservices.com) once again checked in with me to ensure that the experience had gone well and at 11:00 pm he arranged for me to meet with someone at the Arusha airport to check out some Tanzanite. Talk about service!!!
I can not say enough about Elegant Safaris and Elewana. I want to go back already and do it all over again and I've just recovered from the jet lag!
If you are considering a safari, do contact Asif in Arusha and ask him about Skysafari...he'll take care of everything.
As a side note, Asif also arranged for me to climb Mt. Meru and scuba dive in Zanzibar. Both of which were once again, flawless...no waiting, no missed connections etc. Every detail was considered.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

The Migration Camp was our favorite location on our Safari. Everything you can imagine a 5 star hotel could be in the middle of the Bush. It was beyond beautiful and everything you would want and hope for while on safari.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

My husband and I spent two nights here while on Safari (we had been upgraded to this resort as the original lodge we were suppose to stay had overbooked - so the price was inclusive of our safari).
It was amazing and much more than we had expected. The set up of the resort was incredible with being part wood and part canvas tent - it gave it a real camping experience while still be luxurious. We loved the fact that the hot water is all solar powered, and the power was run on generaters - but you would never have known as its quiet and theres always power.
The service is one of the best we have had. Everyone is very friendly (and do speak English, tho love it if you can speak some Sawhili), and attentive - we especially loved Charles our bartender and Julius our waiter. The owners Johan and Jennifer were lovely and really made an effort to meet you and make you feel welcome.
It would be the perfect place to stay while on safari - or even a honeymoon!
Only caution would be there are alot of steps - so if you have trouble with them you would need to request a low down room.
We would definitely go back if we get the chance.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

This hotel manages to do all the hard things well but falls down on a simple one. It is located in a truly spectacular area and it is nothing less than thrilling to sleep here under the tents and surrounded by the sounds of the wild animals nearby. The rooms are large and comfortable (although a curtain to close off the toilet should be part of the rooms). The staff is universally friendly and the food is okay. The big problem comes at dinner time. While the tents have nets that keep them entirely insect free, the dining tent has none. That is not a problem during the day but at night when the candles are lit the number of insects that are attracted is incredible. When we sat down to eat there were approximately 50 beetles crawling all over the butter on my butter plate. It wasn’t long before a similar number was crawling all over me. All it would take is insect netting on the entrances to the dining tent at night to make this hotel a truly special place but as it stands right now I cannot recommend it.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Holland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

An excellent staf, who did everything to make your stay unforgettable. And they did supprise us with a dinner for two on our balcony.
Luxury tent with a balcony and a great view. We saw monkeys. hippo, birds, maraboe, little animals.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Serengeti Migration Camp? Share your experiences!