Having stayed at the Serena Lake Manyara for 3 days prior to arriving in the Serengeti, I was extremely disappointed by the Serena Serengeti Safari Lodge.
When we were met at the airstrip for a pickup and transfer to the hotel, the driver was asking us what time our flight was the next day (we had booked for 3 days and had confirmation back from the hotel).
The location itself is pretty nice and the hotel is reasonably well laid out. The food and general service of the staff was very repetitive and disappointing (especially as the Lake Manyara hotel had excellent food and service).
Our driver for 2 of the days from the hotel was very good and the safari vehicle was new-ish and in good condition.
Overall, I'd only give the hotel an average rating although it claims to be 5 star. Given that the Serena Lodge was over twice the price of the Lake Manyara Lodge; the beds were very uncomfortable and hard; the food was average and the service was mediocre at best; I'd suggest looking for something else that represents better value.
- Also Known As:
- Serengeti Serena Safari Hotel
- Serengeti Serena Safari Hotel Serengeti National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by a traditional African village this extraordinary lodge presents a vibrant design concept rich in indigenous craft and cultural detail that is without compare. Set high on a hill with rolling visas over the teeming plains of a natural amphitheater it also enjoys a ringside seat for the greatest show on earth, the annual migration of the wildebeest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with EasyToBook and Travelocity so you can book your Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.